Why become a member? ×

Can't describe this crime.

jsixties

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1073513' date='Dec 31 2010, 10:17 AM']dont get cheeky mate

A thought we were past folk being smart arses on here. Turns out we are lined up for it again in 2011.[/quote]
Well. From where I'm standing it's not me who's getting shirty and failing to contribute constructive points to the discussion. If you happen to disagree with my opinion (as well as being pretend-offended by words such as "bollocks") then we have the potential for conversation, if not - we don't.

To answer WoT, I was responding to this:

[quote]a dont think anyone really cares what it was to start with,,,we are more disgusted at what its become.[/quote]

Which does appear to imply that a £90 Squier should constitute a similar level of desecration. Personally I don't see how one mass-produced bass has any more intrinsic value than another, the only quantifiable factor would be the stupidity of doing something like this to a fairly costly bass. But then again, despite being grotesque the standard of work here isn't rubbish, so it would seem money wasn't an object for whoever did this.

J.

'pretend offended'

I don't think anyone was offended. It just seemed a little out-of-place in a civil discussion. That's all.

[quote]the only quantifiable factor would be the stupidity of doing something like this to a fairly costly bass[/quote]

And there we have it - the point of this thread. Glad we got there eventually. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1073555' date='Dec 31 2010, 10:57 AM']'pretend offended'

I don't think anyone was offended. It just seemed a little out-of-place in a civil discussion. That's all.

And there we have it - the point of this thread. Glad we got there eventually. :)[/quote]

But cost is only relative (to wealth & stupidity, which are often strangely interlinked) - and there was a hell of a lot less choice in 1973, no £90 Squiers, MIMs MIJs and at that point not even many JapCrap copies.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1072888' date='Dec 30 2010, 04:59 PM']It's ugly, but other than that, so what? A 1972 Fender Jazz was of absolutely zero consequence in 1973, no-one would have thought twice about customising one.

Chances are if this one hadn't been modified, it would have ended up chucked in a skip, presumably like 75% of all the other 1972 Fender Js.

Jon.[/quote]
And that skip will hopefully end up at my tip.....god bless spring cleaning????
Happy new year BA and all at BC

[quote name='tino' post='1073864' date='Dec 31 2010, 05:33 PM']And that skip will hopefully end up at my tip.....god bless spring cleaning????
Happy new year BA and all at BC[/quote]

It's got to happen - just keep your eyes peeled...

All the best to you & yours, Mr T. :)

J.

[quote name='jsixties' post='1072860' date='Dec 30 2010, 04:31 PM']Absolutely terrible. I don't know if is worst the "artist" work or the seller description . :)[/quote]
It could be worse. It could be an Oly White Fender Jazz with nothing at all done to it.

my first thought on seeing this was "holy f*ck, that's ugly". It looks like someone took the proverbial ugly stick, got some hicksville yokel to whittle it down on the front porch and then gave it to his buck-toothed inbred girlfriend to chew on it fer a while, probably while she was straining in the can. The final stage of 'production' invariably involved force feeding Larry Grayson wood glue and sawdust, then pointing his bottom at the offending article and squeezing his abdomen REALLY hard to get that 'sh*t/toothpaste' veneer.

I don't like it.

No crime, at least it survived, my 72 Jazz needed incinerating as it was the deadist dead piece of junk going, Fender needed suing. Saying that mine was mint and probably has survived in the same state, pitty the poor sucker who owns it now and plays it :) .

[quote name='SS73' post='1074103' date='Jan 1 2011, 01:18 AM']No crime, at least it survived, my 72 Jazz needed incinerating as it was the deadist dead piece of junk going, Fender needed suing. Saying that mine was mint and probably has survived in the same state, pitty the poor sucker who owns it now and plays it :) .[/quote]

How can you say that??? [i]Jesus[/i] played a 72 Jazz. Probably.

:)

J.