Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Drophead 200!?

phatbass787

I think the 200 Watt Tube Head popularity is beginning to show. I think it seems a lot of players didnt need the 300W of the Ampeg CL/VR and are looking for a lighter tube solution, and that tone you get from pushing an amp with less watts.

Nice idea. I like where Ashdown are going at the moment. I doubt id buy one, but Id love to test it against my Orange.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1044691' date='Dec 2 2010, 09:26 AM']I think the 200 Watt Tube Head popularity is beginning to show. I think it seems a lot of players didnt need the 300W of the Ampeg CL/VR and are looking for a lighter tube solution, and that tone you get from pushing an amp with less watts.

Nice idea. I like where Ashdown are going at the moment. I doubt id buy one, but Id love to test it against my Orange.[/quote]

I agree totally 200watts is plenty, now the choice is growing! Hiwatt, Orange, Matamp and now Ashdown, be interesting to see the difference in them all tonally anyone got 4 grand they can lend me I will do a good review honest!

I'm really impressed with what Ashdown are coming out with at the moment.
I've always wanted to like their kit but never really got on with it, but the past few months they've really been catching my attention.

Wonder if they might take another stab at the micro market and get it right this time?
Perhaps a single channel micro power section with a decent tube front end and some of this real classy vintage design thrown in... :)

Either way, that Drophead looks brilliant!

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='1048728' date='Dec 5 2010, 09:06 PM']I'm really impressed with what Ashdown are coming out with at the moment.
I've always wanted to like their kit but never really got on with it, but the past few months they've really been catching my attention.

Wonder if they might take another stab at the micro market and get it right this time?
Perhaps a single channel micro power section with a decent tube front end and some of this real classy vintage design thrown in... :)

Either way, that Drophead looks brilliant!

Eude[/quote]

I think they are listening to what people are saying, they make some really nice stuff now, a lot of it UK made great, Dan Gooday is probably lurkin on here somewhere, he is a bass player after all............

[quote name='dan670844' post='1048752' date='Dec 5 2010, 09:25 PM']I think they are listening to what people are saying, they make some really nice stuff now, a lot of it UK made great, Dan Gooday is probably lurkin on here somewhere, he is a bass player after all............[/quote]

I hope so, would love to be able to "Buy British" :)

Eude

[quote name='umph' post='1048116' date='Dec 5 2010, 12:02 PM']now thats awesome! bet it sucks trying to flip that over though![/quote]

Does anyone have video of one of these or similar actually getting the top flipped over? For some odd reason I want to see what it looks like...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1049141' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:49 AM']Im guessing we are talking £1500+...is the fliptop a system where the actual cab is part of it? If so, make it more like £1800+.

Nice gear though, im glad Ashdown are taking new amps on. Basically, they are giving us what Ampeg havent for a long time...and Im guessing it is UK made?[/quote]

Could be a lot more considering the Little B*stard Drop Head is £1299!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='1049245' date='Dec 6 2010, 01:31 PM']Could be a lot more considering the Little B*stard Drop Head is £1299![/quote]

I asked them if they are going to bring out a 200watt head version and they say................. yay we are! I am defo going to buy one, 200watts of valve power is plenty for me. Can feel a big clearout of stuff coming on..... I love the preamp in the LB I hope they keep this the same. LB30 is a great studio amp, 427 is nice but that many watts is a bit much for monitoring! this one i think is the perfect combination!