Why become a member? ×

RIM Custom 5 string for Alex Claber (36 inch scale) Finished with soundclips!

RIM Basses

Hi All,

The bass has no imperfections steve bud, just abit of burning from the routing and the top horn isnt fully finnish rout wise, due to me needing to get a 1/4 bit around the inside of the horn with my amazing Bosch GKF 600 palm router next week. Guys thanks for all the knid words on the bass, it means alot to me with this year being so busy work and house wise.

Cheers,

Robbie.

Hi All,

Well ive had a busy week so far but had time to get some more done on Alex's bass, brass bridge ancor plate is now made and started to plane out the high end access. Also the Ash control cover is started.

4 way rotary switch from Dingwall guitars!

More to follow soon!

Cheers,

Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Cheers for the comments Steve mate!

Just to update on the bass, well mostly on the new workshop which is being finished off. Ive got to make my benches and get all the machines fitted in. I'll post some pics once its finished, the basses Im working on will be stored safely away in the house till the workshops ready. Looking forward to getting Alex's bass finished. I will be off to New York Saturday for our Aniversary, question is should I take the wife to bass Player Live? Something tells me she wont be interested.

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

Great new matty, so you got yourself a new job bud.I look forward to hear from you bud. And Ped mate, I told her about the event and she said " Do you want to go, we can wait outside so you can get some autographs" shes clever enough to know if I step foot in the place she wont see me again. Nevermind who wants to see Stanley Clake anyway, yeah right!

And the car is doing great guns, shes been lowered now 3 inches all round and my mate Jon is fitting the new Simonz sports exhaust while Im in NY.

Cheers guys,

I'll bring some pics back of the Big Apple.

Robbie.

Hi All,

Well got the benches in and we will be ready to continue work on the basses next week, just setup my new Jet Drum sander and Pillar Drill. Got to get a new Bandsaw soon also.

Custom Router table

More pics later in the week,

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses