Why become a member? ×

RIM Custom 5 string for Alex Claber (36 inch scale) Finished with soundclips!

RIM Basses

Hi Guys,

Well ive fitted the frets today and they look nice, gonna have them bevelled this week and hopefully the wings on by the weekend. The new Ash top should be turning up this week also and ive just ordered my Jet 16-32 Drum Sander.

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

Cheers for putting the pic up Alex, Ive just got a new phone and I havent had time to upload the latest pics. So the frets are all in and bevelled, should be able to get the Ash top sorted this week coming and order the 2mm Dyed black tuilpwood for the contrast veneer.

Cheers guys for the interest!

Robbie.

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='61429' date='Sep 16 2007, 10:45 PM']just got myself a RIM bass :) and ive got to say its one of the nicest basses ive ever seen or heard of let alone played or owned!!! Saw your bass personally yesterday alex and ive got to say you are one [b]lucky[/b] man ^_^[/quote]

I've got to say that the fish tail design is one of the coolest shapes I have seen for quite a while. Definately on the list for future order and it's not very often I say that !!!

Hi All,

Well today I got the body ready for gluing the 2mm dyed black tuilpwood when it arrives tomorrow hopefully, going to machine the one piece Ash top tomorrow (lots of wood mess)

So the body is gonna look like this shape wise!

My new ride Volvo amazon 131, 1969

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

Wow, it's looking great! Unfortunately the car looks even better, which somewhat detracts from the impact... :)

I presume the black tulipwood veneer needs glueing first and then the chambering routing out through that? Do we need to suss out where the knobs will go as the control cavity will be routed from the back or would one large chamber in each wing be the way to go, without a separate control cavity and just a small backplate cut out for access to the pots?

Have had a reply from Dingwall about the 4-way pot and circuitboard so I'm ordering that from them, will get it sent straight to you. Need your new address!

Alex