Why become a member? ×

RIM Custom 5 string for Alex Claber (36 inch scale) Finished with soundclips!

RIM Basses

Hey robbie

Looking great as always,if you dont mind me asking where do you source your wenge,purpleheart & Amazaque from (i can only seem to find Amazaque in pen and blow blank sizes)
Do you have a UK based seller/lumber shop or are you shelling out £££'s in shipping from oversea's sources?

Sexy routers btw just like clamps you can never have enough of them :)

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

Got my last neck stock from Soundwood in Derby, www.craft-supplies.co.uk Im going to have to start looking for different suppliers as they are running out of stock, may need to start set necks after this batch. I just love the thru necks, Yandle and sons in Matlock, are good for purpleheart also. Im gonna have a day out on a wood run soon.

Good luck bud,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

Hi Guys,

Well Im still waiting for the fretboards to turn up, looks like they could be with me tomorrow or early next week. So for now ive glued one of my other 5 string ebony fretboards on, looking to get all the boards glued and tapered next week.

Left to right

4 string custom
5 string custom for Accugroove
5 string for Alex
5 string for Mark

Also my new bosch GKF600 Palm router turned up today, very nice!

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses

Hi All,

Thats right Alex bud they are all 36 inch, Dvae you where close on the woods but instead of Olive ash we have cocobolo and the far right is Bubinga. Well today we have the taper on the neck done and the offset for the figured top. Looks like I may need to extend the length of the body a touch to get the scale length to work, its looking nice so far.

Cheers,

Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Well over the last few days Ive fitted the Ali 4mm side dots and machined out the neck profile, Today I also sanded the 16" radius on the wenge board, looks like we will be gluing some wings on next week!

Cheers,

Robbie.

Edited by RIM Basses