Why become a member? ×

Judie Tzuke

MB1

MB1. :)
Good Music! Well Played!
Thought I'd Mention this! as i Highly Recomend You catch Judie Tzuke on tour.
I have always liked the Singer/ Songwriter Judie Tzuke since i was a kid (Awesome Voice! and stunningly beautiful!) unfortunately had never got round to see her live!. So imagine my surprise when i answer an ad on the forum (regarding Bass speakers) only to find its Judies Bassist!, and can i pick them up on the tour? Er Yeah! What a Result!. :lol:
After Various Calls i got to meet Jimmy Sims who is a Great Bassist and very nice chap! and Graham Kearns (Guitarist Extraordinaire!)
Judie is on Top Form and her Vocals just left me speechless! Put it this way she can "Bring the Rain" to Manchester anytime she likes! :)
The Band Comprises of 5 Musicians and 3 Vocalists, and Man are they Good! Matt and Jimmy are a Cracking Rhythm section, Absolutely Mustard!
Think Theres 3 or 4 Dates left on the Tour Basingstoke/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Glasgow/(check Judie Tzuke.com)
Catch Them If You can! Absolute Quality! :) *

*Deshatnerised Version.

Edited by MB1

Also a big fan of Judie for over 30 years. Her daughter Bailey Tzuke is a also very good singer and performs in London fairly regularly.

MB1, I get Extremely Confused! With ....... your use of capitalisation! Punctuation .... And extended elispes!

Do you want some help with it? It takes ages to read :)

[quote]Also a big fan of Judie for over 30 years. Her daughter Bailey Tzuke is a also very good singer and performs in London fairly regularly.

MB1, I get Extremely Confused! With ....... your use of capitalisation! Punctuation .... And extended elispes!

Do you want some help with it? It takes ages to read[/quote]

It reminds me of the way William Shatner speaks in Family Guy.

Truckstop

[quote name='silddx' post='985717' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:48 PM']Also a big fan of Judie for over 30 years. Her daughter Bailey Tzuke is a also very good singer and performs in London fairly regularly.

Do you want some help with it? It takes ages to read :)[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
I've never been an easy read! :)
Extended Elipses? Can you not get some cream for that? :)

[quote name='silddx' post='985717' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:48 PM']Also a big fan of Judie for over 30 years.[/quote]
Oh yes, me too. I can still remember the first time I heard 'For You' on the radio. It still gives me goosebumps now.

[quote name='silddx' post='985717' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:48 PM']Also a big fan of Judie for over 30 years. Her daughter Bailey Tzuke is a also very good singer and performs in London fairly regularly.

Do you want some help with it? It takes ages to read :)[/quote]
Oh God, here he goes again!
We all know you've read the odd book.
"Eats shoots and leaves"
and"I before E"
from HMV bargin books must be your favorites.

An October inspired "Leaf it out" is in order
Nige
(J for...)
"elipses" BTW.. or did I miss a gag?
W

[quote]+1 on liking Judy Tzuke. I am the Phoenix is a superb album.[/quote]

+ another one, both for Judie and I am the Phoenix. I used to listen to her a lot at Uni, and saw her play live there too, back in the very early '80's. Loved the music and fancied her wildly too. I only have her vinyl though, and no way of playing it, must buy some digital versions.

I always adored the put-down at the end of "Sportscar", spoken rather than sung, "I don't care who you are, you're not putting your car in my garage".

Another favourite song of hers was called Liggers at your Funeral, not sure which album it was off.

Seems a while ago I saw her on this tour as it was only the second night (intimate little venue in Sheffield). Still on good form vocally. First saw her on the Queen Secret Keeper tour a few years back (she doesn't get up north much these days). I could have seen her back in the early 80's but passed up the chance for some reason. Bailey did a decent set as support but her voice has still a way to go before it' as good as mum's :)

[quote name='chrisba' post='986889' date='Oct 13 2010, 01:06 PM']+ another one, both for Judie and I am the Phoenix. I used to listen to her a lot at Uni, and saw her play live there too, back in the very early '80's. Loved the music and fancied her wildly too. I only have her vinyl though, and no way of playing it, must buy some digital versions.

I always adored the put-down at the end of "Sportscar", spoken rather than sung, "I don't care who you are, you're not putting your car in my garage".

Another favourite song of hers was called Liggers at your Funeral, not sure which album it was off.[/quote]

Liggers at your funeral is off the "Shoot the moon" album and its also on "A message from radio city" compilation> :lol:

I didn't really know Judie's stuff before I started this tour, but if anyone's up for a challenge, you should try playing Sportscar. Its not that technically demanding, but the changing accents are a lot of fun; also the outro is incredible. Having only known Rhino for playing with Status Quo, I thought he wasn't really up to much as a player, but the fact is, he's AMAZING. Not only for being able to play this sort of thing, but to come up with it in the first place!?!?

Jimmy Sims

I have loved JT's work since Sports Car days - have just got back into her albums and bought some CD's from her website - autographed by her good self !

I saw her live on the Shoot the Moon tour in the Glasgow Pavillion - oh - way back when.....

Would have loved to see her on this tour but she played Bristol when I was on holiday.

Hope to see her tour in the near future - please tour again !

[quote name='JimmySims' post='987329' date='Oct 13 2010, 07:43 PM']I didn't really know Judie's stuff before I started this tour, but if anyone's up for a challenge, you should try playing Sportscar. Its not that technically demanding, but the changing accents are a lot of fun; also the outro is incredible. Having only known Rhino for playing with Status Quo, I thought he wasn't really up to much as a player, but the fact is, he's AMAZING. Not only for being able to play this sort of thing, but to come up with it in the first place!?!?

Jimmy Sims[/quote]

He was a big Jaco fan back in the day, he was raving about him when I met him in the 80's. However I understood most of the musical genius on the album was Mike Paxman's who did most of the arrangements.

[quote name='JimmySims' post='987329' date='Oct 13 2010, 07:43 PM']I didn't really know Judie's stuff before I started this tour, but if anyone's up for a challenge, you should try playing Sportscar. Its not that technically demanding, but the changing accents are a lot of fun; also the outro is incredible. Having only known Rhino for playing with Status Quo, I thought he wasn't really up to much as a player, but the fact is, he's AMAZING. Not only for being able to play this sort of thing, but to come up with it in the first place!?!?

Jimmy Sims[/quote]

Lots of people think hes just that bloke in The QUO! :lol: and little did they know!. :)