Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot head for sale £100

Chris2112

Evening gents,

I've decided to sell my Trace Elliot rig, which has served me faithfully for the past 5 or so years. The reason I've decided to move it on is simply because:

A) I don't need a 4x10" cab anymore

:) I've just bought an Ashdown Mark King signature 2x10" combo which will suit my needs much better. I bought the Trace Elliot stuff chasing Mark King's tone and since I plan on buying another Status bass this year I thought I might as well go for it and get his amp as well!

The cab is definitely for sale now. It's a 4x10" cab with carry handles on the side and that rubber type skin cover. The previous owner believed it was a 1992 or 1993 model but I've no way of knowing this, I bought it because it's a great sounding cab.

The head is possibly for sale at the moment, if someone really wants it then it will go as soon as the Ashdown stuff has arrived. It's a GP7 SM Bass Preamp rated at 300W. I'm sure many will be familiar with this sort of thing - it has a 7 band graphic EQ, two preset modes, active and passive inputs, an effects panel, a brightness balance for the EQ along with a full mute and an EQ off button. Basic stuff really, but well looked after, reliable and with great tone.

The stuff has only been out of the house a few times since I got it, usually when I've took the head out for recording sessions. I've been fortunate enough to have been able to gig mainly with DI stuff - this kit hasn't had a hard life with me! It's served me well and ideally I'd have kept it but space is a real premium for me at the moment, I've bought the Ashdown with nowhere to put it! I'd rather the Trace Elliot stuff be bought and get used rather than become a coffee table in my front room!

I'd like £100 for the head and £100 for the cab collected from Newcastle Upon Tyne. If you're interested in both we may be able to negotiate a bit on the price!

Here are some rather gloomy pictures I've taken with my iphone and a head torch. I appreciate they're not the best quality but they show whats on offer. If anyone really wants better pictures I'll see what I can do during daylight hours!

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='Chris2112' post='955228' date='Sep 13 2010, 07:18 PM']Evening gents,

I've decided to sell my Trace Elliot rig, which has served me faithfully for the past 5 or so years. The reason I've decided to move it on is simply because:

A) I don't need a 4x10" cab anymore

:) I've just bought an Ashdown Mark King signature 2x10" combo which will suit my needs much better. I bought the Trace Elliot stuff chasing Mark King's tone and since I plan on buying another Status bass this year I thought I might as well go for it and get his amp as well!

The cab is definitely for sale now. It's a 4x10" cab with carry handles on the side and that rubber type skin cover. The previous owner believed it was a 1992 or 1993 model but I've no way of knowing this, I bought it because it's a great sounding cab.

The head is possibly for sale at the moment, if someone really wants it then it will go as soon as the Ashdown stuff has arrived. It's a GP7 SM Bass Preamp rated at 300W. I'm sure many will be familiar with this sort of thing - it has a 7 band graphic EQ, two preset modes, active and passive inputs, an effects panel, a brightness balance for the EQ along with a full mute and an EQ off button. Basic stuff really, but well looked after, reliable and with great tone.

The stuff has only been out of the house a few times since I got it, usually when I've took the head out for recording sessions. I've been fortunate enough to have been able to gig mainly with DI stuff - this kit hasn't had a hard life with me! It's served me well and ideally I'd have kept it but space is a real premium for me at the moment, I've bought the Ashdown with nowhere to put it! I'd rather the Trace Elliot stuff be bought and get used rather than become a coffee table in my front room!

I'd like £100 for the head and £150 for the cab collected from Newcastle Upon Tyne. If you're interested in both we may be able to negotiate a bit on the price!

Here are some rather gloomy pictures I've taken with my iphone and a head torch. I appreciate they're not the best quality but they show whats on offer. If anyone really wants better pictures I'll see what I can do during daylight hours!

[/quote]

[quote name='ogrimark' post='955818' date='Sep 14 2010, 10:52 AM']:) too early dude. It does not help you but i will not have the cash till probably Nov, if you still have the cab then i would def be interested as i really do want a TE 4x10 cab. Would you be willing to courier it down south (i will pay of course).

cheers.[/quote]

I'd be open to the idea but I've no idea how I'd package something so large for shipping! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Chris2112' post='955961' date='Sep 14 2010, 01:21 PM']I'd be open to the idea but I've no idea how I'd package something so large for shipping! :)[/quote]

i had a cab couriered down from scotland and it just had two layers of cardboard taped around it with holes for the handles cut out and it tipped up fine. wither that or some bubblewrap and cardboard. tis easy for me to say as i can 'borrow' the kit from work :lol: :rolleyes:

As the previous owner of the cab (assuming it's that one Chris?), it's a Mark V cab (late eighties - [url="http://www.quicksound.co.uk/articles/trace_elliot/images/10-11.jpg"]http://www.quicksound.co.uk/articles/trace...mages/10-11.jpg[/url]), but I replaced the drivers with genuine Trace Elliot replacements around about 1992-3 (the old ones were knackered).

Power handling is 320w (4x80w) at 8 ohms (not the 200w it says on the back panel badge).

Great cab if you've a healthy lower back! (not me anymore)

Yes, this is the same cab!

I'll say prospectively for now that the cab is collection only. I'll be able to stand my new combo on top of it for now. The reason for this is simply that it looks like it will be a nightmare to package (getting hold of the cardboard etc etc) and also to ship. Due to my shift patterns getting stuff collected can be a real nightmare. If anyone is interested in collecting please let me know, I might even knock £20 off the price.

I'm working this weekend Les, off on monday and tuesday though. I'm waiting to hear back off someone else though who may be able to take the amp and the cab. The Ashdown has arrived and I'm seriously short of space as it's considerably bigger than I thought it would be! :wacko:

If both can go at the same time that would ideally be the best situation as the cab is really what I need rid of. The head could sit in a cupboard but it would just gather dust, hence me putting it up for sale with the cab!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='957145' date='Sep 15 2010, 01:06 PM']Yes, this is the same cab!

I'll say prospectively for now that the cab is collection only. I'll be able to stand my new combo on top of it for now. The reason for this is simply that it looks like it will be a nightmare to package (getting hold of the cardboard etc etc) and also to ship. Due to my shift patterns getting stuff collected can be a real nightmare. If anyone is interested in collecting please let me know, I might even knock £20 off the price.[/quote]

MB1. :)
...When are you available for me to collect this Ashdown then Chris??? :rolleyes:
...'Ave a BUMP! :lol:

Martin, I'll be letting you know how good the amp is soon! I've only had a little blast on it so far, giving it a run of "Something about you" and "Mr Pink". When I can get the Trace stuff out of the cupboard and get the MK500 in there I'll be set. It's an awesome sounding amp, I look forward to doing a proper review of it!

The head is now on hold pending sale...

The cab is the difficult one to move, I've had plenty of offers but I don't have the resources or the time to get it sent by courier so it's pickup only. Keep me updated with whats happening with the Ebay stuff Ogrimark. I'd hate to have to chuck the cab in a skip simply because I don't have room for it! I don't want to stack all my amps up on top of each other incase they crack the plaster on the ceiling below, as the Ashdown MK500 weighs a ton! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='963089' date='Sep 21 2010, 10:41 AM']The cab is the difficult one to move...[/quote]

Hmmm. That looks like the exact model cab I used to have. Heavy as a bugger but great tone.... I got rid of it because it was too heavy, but I've not been able to get the same depth of tone out of the Ashdowns... I'm in Newcastle... £100 is a [i]great[/i] price...

Thanks for placing this dilemma in my path. Not! :)

[quote name='Conan' post='963355' date='Sep 21 2010, 02:38 PM']Hmmm. That looks like the exact model cab I used to have. Heavy as a bugger but great tone.... I got rid of it because it was too heavy, but I've not been able to get the same depth of tone out of the Ashdowns... I'm in Newcastle... £100 is a [i]great[/i] price...

Thanks for placing this dilemma in my path. Not! :)[/quote]
Buy 4 dirty great castors! I did, and my back's thanked me ever since. :rolleyes: