Why become a member? ×

I've always wondered....

fender73

[quote name='bubinga5' post='951861' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:35 PM']ive never heard Peter Hook play...is he any good??[/quote]

He's a very different bass player who revels in playing in more of a baritone guitar range. Some people hate it, some love it. As far as I'm concerned he's an innovator of post-punk and dance music who was part of a very important time of popular music history.

[quote name='risingson' post='951866' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:39 PM']....He's a very different bass player who revels in playing in more of a baritone guitar range. Some people hate it, some love it. As far as I'm concerned he's an innovator of post-punk and dance music who was part of a very important time of popular music history....[/quote]
Does that mean no?

[quote name='chris_b' post='951873' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:43 PM']Does that mean no?[/quote]

It means that it's up to you whether you like him or not, doesn't it. He's never going to be up there with the technical greats of his time but it shouldn't detract from the fact he was an important figure in Manchester back in the day.

[quote name='risingson' post='951875' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:45 PM']It means that it's up to you whether you like him or not, doesn't it. He's never going to be up there with the technical greats of his time but it shouldn't detract from the fact he was an important figure in Manchester back in the day.[/quote]
i dont think you need to be "up there" to be a good player...you just have to like it...

[quote name='chris_b' post='951882' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:55 PM']I only posted that because you seemed to be having a Melvin Bragg moment!![/quote]

Ha, the old Manchester/Hacienda music scene is really interesting to me and often gets overlooked as important hence the answer.

[quote]i dont think you need to be "up there" to be a good player...you just have to like it...[/quote]

That was my point really. Noticed from other posts you're a big fan of a lot of funk and groove stuff so maybe it might not be up your street, but hey, worth listening anyway isn't it! :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='951886' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:56 PM']Linus who is that beauty in your avatar? sorry off topic..[/quote]

Thats Yvonne Strahotski. She is stunning in every way :) Rumour is, she fancies the arse of me but I am yet to get confirmation on this fact from her people. So until then, I'm playing hard to get :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='bubinga5' post='951861' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:35 PM']ive never heard Peter Hook play...is he any good??[/quote]

I bet you have heard Hooky play because unless you've been a hermit for the past 30 years, you'll have heard some Joy Division or New Order.