Why become a member? ×

New BGM

obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='107843' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:22 PM']The Jan/Feb issue's Weekend Warrior is none other than our own "Silverfoxnik"

Well done Nik. You're in some excellent company.[/quote]
Cheers OBBM.. Was completely stitched up by Stingrayfan of course (Hi Matt :huh: ) ; I believe the magazine needed someone to help broaden it's appeal to the older, more miserable looking reader.. :)

Haven't seen it yet but will lounge around the newsagent tomorrow trying to look cool, waiting desperately for someone to buy the magazine. Which in Littlehampton, could be a long wait!!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='108183' date='Dec 22 2007, 03:30 PM']I'm confused - this thread wasn't there when I posted mine :)[/quote]

That's very strange Alan. My BGM arrived in the post yesterday morning and I posted about it last night.

never mind, more publicity ofr the mag and Nik. :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='107962' date='Dec 22 2007, 12:49 AM']Cheers OBBM.. Was completely stitched up by Stingrayfan of course (Hi Matt :huh: ) ; I believe the magazine needed someone to help broaden it's appeal to the older, more miserable looking reader.. :)

Haven't seen it yet but will lounge around the newsagent tomorrow trying to look cool, waiting desperately for someone to buy the magazine. Which in Littlehampton, could be a long wait!![/quote]

so you won't be having a signing session then?

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='108253' date='Dec 22 2007, 05:46 PM']so you won't be having a signing session then?[/quote]
Perhaps, in a few years time when Borders or Waterstone decide Littlehampton is worthy of their presence.. Until then, obscurity beckons yet again :)

[i]"Congrats Nik .. I might even have to go out and buy this issue !"[/i]
Cheers Nick!

As a fellow G&L user, can't you acquire a free copy, courtesy of Stingrayfan as a show of solidarity amongst the G&L fraternity??

[quote name='ped' post='108461' date='Dec 23 2007, 10:38 AM']I will go and buy it today too - well done Nik, nice one. Please let us know when your signature bass is launched!

ped[/quote]
Cheers Ped!

Well obviously, I'm in talks now with several interested parties... Chad Valley I think they're called :)

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='108506' date='Dec 23 2007, 12:00 PM']I'm hearing Hondo and Kay are in a bidding war for the [i]Nik'sBurningOrgan[/i] signature bass... Like Nik does, you'll be able to swap it for something different every three months. :)[/quote]

By necessity rather than choice I presume!!

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='108506' date='Dec 23 2007, 12:00 PM']I'm hearing Hondo and Kay are in a bidding war for the [i]Nik'sBurningOrgan[/i] signature bass... Like Nik does, you'll be able to swap it for something different every three months. :huh:[/quote]
:huh:

I think the current bid is 0.0001p and decreasing! The band always wind me up about how many basses I've had since May '06, but seriously, the RBV has put paid to that!

Mind you, what's that old saying about glasshouses and throwing stones, Matt? :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='107962' date='Dec 22 2007, 12:49 AM']Cheers OBBM.. Was completely stitched up by Stingrayfan of course (Hi Matt :huh: ) ; I believe the magazine needed someone to help broaden it's appeal to the older, more miserable looking reader.. :huh:

Haven't seen it yet but will lounge around the newsagent tomorrow trying to look cool, waiting desperately for someone to buy the magazine. Which in Littlehampton, could be a long wait!![/quote]
You could always have a look at my subscription copy when we have that pint Nik.

I shall be ready to prostrate myself in full Waynes World "We're not worthy" mode :)

[quote name='WalMan' post='108553' date='Dec 23 2007, 02:11 PM']You could always have a look at my subscription copy when we have that pint Nik.

I shall be ready to prostrate myself in full Waynes World "We're not worthy" mode :)[/quote]
:huh:

Hi Al,

You free on the 27th for a swift half to clear away the Xmas lethargy and all that...?

Nik

[quote name='clauster' post='108464' date='Dec 23 2007, 10:46 AM']Bought a copy yesterday, first time I'd seen BGM in WHSmith. Great mag. Burning Organ are locallish to me so I'll keep my eyes open and pop along to a gig.

Nice to see a review of DHA's pedal too.[/quote]
Thanks.. be good to see you there some time.. make sure you come and say hello if you do make it!

Cheers

Nik