Why become a member? ×

Shuker 5 string bolt on £600 with hardcase or TRADE

JMT3781

This bass is immaculate.. Was bought as a spare 5 string and has not been gigged.

SOLD PENDING THE USUAL

Interested in trade for COMBO

Its one of Jon Shukers horn bass range basses. The body is african walnut, with an amboina drop top (with matching headstock veneer).

The neck really is something special. The neck is made up of seven pieces. There are 4 pieces of Flamed Maple, 2 thin dark strips (wenge i think) and a piece of paduak running down the centre. The fingerboard is rosewood i think, and is a really grainy piece that looks great. The Preamp is Jon shukers active 2 band preamp and his own pickups. And has a fresh set of DR strings on it. I am also included a Shuker hiscox hardcase in the sale, which is in good condition, apart from a little bubble where i got a bit hot next to a radiator. The bass is a 34" scale

Sound clips here - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTWTjM-MtQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTWTjM-MtQ[/url]

I had a good deal on this bass, i got it in one of Jons clearouts. You can still see the body on his website, priced at 650. I paid 750 for the bass because i asked for the active preamp, and then bought the case also. I think 600 is fair as this bass is virtually unused, and to order this from Jon you'd probably pay closer to a grand and also have to wait about 6 months.

The original buyer sent this back because some issues with the bridge. To confirm, the string spacing has now been rectified, the bridge is still blank, so potential buyer can either leave it blank, or cut the string grooves to thier own preference!

Payment is by paypal or bank transfer or cash on collection. I will post, or meet you up to hours drive from me (birmingham)

Enjoy the pictures (taken on my balcony :) ) and don't hesitate to get in touch.

Edited by JMT3781