Why become a member? ×

Help needed in Scotland!

Matte_black

Hello! I'm going to buy a bass from a private seller. She is in Scotland and I'm not in UK. Is there anyone in Northern Scotland that could help me picking up the bass in person? I'm obviously ready to pay for fuel, transport, hassle with money or beer :)
Please contact me by PM if available.

Just a thought, but is this an Ebay deal? If it is I'd examine the auction carefully for any signs of a scam. The north of Scotland has been a favourite location of a lot of scammers recently, precisely because it's pretty unaccessible for most people. Not to say it's not genuine, just that it's something to bear in mind.

[quote name='16Again' post='107568' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:10 PM']Really :huh:
Unaccessible!! There are roads in scotland! :)[/quote]

And in the case of the Orkneys, ferrys as well!

The point being that for the bulk of the population, even those in Scotland, Orkney is a fair old trek.

[quote name='Jebo1' post='107605' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:48 PM']I got offerred a rip off bass in Orkney, pre CBS Precision. If it's this one, don't do it.[/quote]

There were a few Wals for sale in Orkney that were flagged up in the ebay section as well, at least one of which had a (supposedly) female seller.

Sorry as soon as you said the North of Scotland I nearly had to rattle off an email to you warning of scammers. TBH to be on the safe side, if this is anything accessed off the internet or eBay don't touch with a bargepole. If it is a friend or someone who you know personally that is a different matter but say NO to anything else it isn't worth the risk!

Hi, I hope no money has changed hands yet! Especially not Western Union!! Assuming you're not at that stage, I'd send an email saying that before you buy a friend is coming to have a look at the bass. If they agree the sale might be genuine. Have they sent you pictures? Can you post them here?

[quote name='Matte_black' post='107474' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:32 AM']Hello again! Sorry for the delay, my ADSL was dead...
I'd need someone not too far from Orkney, on the extreme North of the country. I know it's not easy. I'm willing to pay for fuel and hassle if some one wants to take a ride :)[/quote]
Dude, you do know that Orkney is not even on the mainland? The only thing close to Orkney is..... well.... Orkney!