Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Neck Question

absolutpepper

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='936796' date='Aug 26 2010, 09:35 AM']Apologies if its been asked before.....

Did Fender ever make a P Bass that came with a Jazz neck?[/quote]

Yes, anything from early 70's custom/special orders (look out for A width neck), through to a range of models from the late 80's onwards

C

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='936889' date='Aug 26 2010, 10:31 AM']I'm getting into the bitsa basses & I'm the other way around. If I had a Jazz I'd stick a P-bass neck on it.[/quote]

Now you're talking.

The deluxe Fender Ps had/have J width necks IIRC. For those of us who like the P width the Fretking P/J has a P width neck, that headstock though..............

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='936889' date='Aug 26 2010, 10:31 AM']I'm getting into the bitsa basses & I'm the other way around. If I had a Jazz I'd stick a P-bass neck on it.[/quote]

Done that with my very first Fender! Loving it!

[quote name='ezbass' post='936951' date='Aug 26 2010, 11:17 AM']The deluxe Fender Ps had/have J width necks IIRC.[/quote]

+1.
The Zone bass also has more of a jazz neck profile.

The Aerodyne Jazz bass is obviously a jazz neck but comes with a P-pup, which is close enough (Mine's about to appear in the For Sale section if you're interested).

Dunno if the Aerodyne P-bass has a precision or jazz neck though.

Edited by Buzz

The Frank Bello signature is proper P neck, P pup + J pup at bridge, in a Jazz body.
Aerodynes P & J have Jazz necks I believe & completely different body to the Bello.

I love mine :)

Edited by KiOgon