Why become a member? ×

Singlecut on Ebay!

RIM Basses

Hi Guys,

Just found this singlecut by a Uk Luthier called Lee Evans, looks real nice!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-string-frettles-bass_W0QQitemZ160191011636QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-string-frettles-ba...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Cheers,

Robbie.

[quote name='NickThomas' post='105615' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:33 PM']That singlecut is bizarre!! In the photo from the back it looks like he's cut the profile and changed his mind by sticking some more wood on lol[/quote]

MB1. :)
Stand up Comedian Turned Luthier?....Surely Not!

[quote name='Bassassin' post='105645' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:20 PM']I think it's quite spectacular - I don't usually like singlecuts much but that's really very striking & original. Shame the pics aren't a bit more detailed.[/quote]

I quite like it.

I emailed the seller asking for some pics of board wear etc. and he sent me these, which I don't think he'll mind me sharing.

Interesting stuff ,
BUT

*****EDIT_:Photo perspective betrayed ny eyes,should be the same bass on the various photos,as ponted by Alpha-Dave*****

ANd its 0 Feedback User ..maybe just a mistake But take care Guys.

I would ask for the seller something more ,to understand better..or i would contact the Luthier outside ebay if is a known person,to check if he is the sam person.

Regards,
Alex

Edited by alexlotta

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='105836' date='Dec 18 2007, 11:35 AM']And both basses have an unseated B string which must be more than a coincidence?[/quote]

That's just because of the Warwick bridge design, you need to use a taper wound string to get it loaded into the bridge properly.

Ah, alexlotta, I see why you think that they are different, but it is the same bass, but viewed from different angles because of the 'strange' carving.

You think that these two images show the bass to have a symmetrical outline:

While this one shows that it is cut away:

The reason for this is that the part round the controls is sculpted and sticks out, changing the outline when viewed from different angles:

Edited by Alpha-Dave

[quote]THen is just "Optycal Joke",sorry.[/quote]

yep I quote my self in that case.
Sorry again,i meant just to warn (having also seen the "0 feedbacks") ,in the case to avoid possible scum.

It really looked different to my eyes (its photo perspective)

Edited by alexlotta

well I don think the c is so on the edge .
Its really appealing to me ,just as ponted from other people the Extra-wood chosen for the fretboard (ebony aside) is probably too soft for a fretless_use..

i Would like to check His Website(if Any) to check the rest of his work , the shape of the boDy (noT the siglecut_part..) really owns!

Edited by alexlotta