Why become a member? ×

Confession time!

michael-faces

[quote name='iamapirate' post='931969' date='Aug 21 2010, 03:57 PM']I trust ashdowns not to blow up.[/quote]

I did that once, you'll never guess what happened... :)

I confess that I play in an 80s electro/new romantic tribute band.
I also confess that I am currently learning Dancing on the Ceiling by the singing biscuit for that same band. Oh the shame....

Dunno if this counts as terrible, or suitable:

Years ago, I was in a punk band (still am, but different band tho) and whilst playing a gig, a member of the audience though he should spit at us. So I turned around and hit him full in the face with the headstock of the bass. Amusingly enough, the guitarist did the exact same thing at the same time, so said member of audience, sporting two matching black eyes, resembled a panda for the rest of the night. He did help us carry our gear out at the end of the gig tho, saying he liked our band, cos we didn`t take sh*t from anyone!

[quote name='Delberthot' post='932340' date='Aug 21 2010, 11:28 PM']I played the Intro to NIB by Black Sabbath at a gig in Galashiels and only realised when the guitarist came in that I'd began playing it in the wrong key. We had to stop and start again - my worst mistake ever.[/quote]

Haha. One of the tunes we recorded the last time we were in the studio, my tracks were the first to go down. When it came to recording everybody else they found out they were in the wrong key and all the horn parts had to be re-written. :)

Everytime I come home drunk I invariably play Iron Man, badly and loudly.

My neighbour Jeff is now well-versed in this ritual.

"Iaa aahhhmm Irrrr-hic-ooonnnn Maaaaaaaahn, woooooo!"

BarpBarpBarpBarp

Apparently it's quite something, and he can now tell when I've really been practicing and sticking to my finger exercises.

He does, before you get overly sympathetic, still owe me one garden wall.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='933531' date='Aug 23 2010, 12:25 PM']Dunno if this counts as terrible, or suitable:

Years ago, I was in a punk band (still am, but different band tho) and whilst playing a gig, a member of the audience though he should spit at us. So I turned around and hit him full in the face with the headstock of the bass. Amusingly enough, the guitarist did the exact same thing at the same time, so said member of audience, sporting two matching black eyes, resembled a panda for the rest of the night. He did help us carry our gear out at the end of the gig tho, saying he liked our band, cos we didn`t take sh*t from anyone![/quote]

I think you've done quite well to avoid being locked up for assault over that!

[quote name='Gust0o' post='933562' date='Aug 23 2010, 12:57 PM']Everytime I come home drunk I invariably play Iron Man, badly and loudly.[/quote]

We've got a dub/reggae version of Iron Man we play, with the guitar riff played on trombone and trumpet, our guitar plays a reggae chop and me and the drummer do a dub-sounding one-drop riddim behind it.

It sounds f***ing ace, proper classy metal and dub all at once. We've never done it live so far, but in rehearsals we've had other bands in the building come to check it out. :)

I once played in a band and went off on tour and the singer, who was a MASSIVE tool, started to really annoy us all. He also used to insist on wearing a scarf/pashmina thing for shows.

This led to the guitarist suggesting that we all dry-wipe our arses on his scarf before he puts it on for the show. We did and the keyboard player even managed to squeeze a fart on it.

The worst thing was, he never noticed so we proceeded to do it for a full 8 days before he noticed and threw it away. *hangs head in shame*

Edited by skej21

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='935043' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:32 PM']Not bass related,but still really awful

I learned (over 30 years ago) that you can not make a Fender Thinline Telecaster into a double cutaway,because they are hollow.My dad was well and truly annoyed at the fact,that i had ruined my birthday present,a late 60's single coil model.[/quote]

Oh my god, that's just about one of the worst guitar mutilation stories I've ever heard!

I've been drunk enough at weddings to dance with the bride during the last few songs with our lead singer, although the groom thought it was hilarious. Don't drink at gigs anymore (or at all in fact), but back when I did I used to always get in the crowd and dance with everyone, as well as some other fairly terrible behaviour...

I have committed numerous sins, but one that springs to mind is that years ago I was taught 'All my Lovin' by the band's guitarist in F. I only learned the pattern, not the changes.

After several months of playing it this way, the guitarist decided to revert to the correct key of E without telling me. We started the song in different keys. I didn't have the nouse to transpose it and he didn't have the humility to change back up. We carried on like that until the end of the first chorus (!) and then collapsed in hysterics.

We were almost sacked by the venue. Later that year a dep bass player fell into (and destroyed) that same venue's Christmas tree. There was no going back after that.

[quote name='skej21' post='934984' date='Aug 24 2010, 04:41 PM']I once played in a band and went off on tour and the singer, who was a MASSIVE tool, started to really annoy us all. He also used to insist on wearing a scarf/pashmina thing for shows.

This led to the guitarist suggesting that we all dry-wipe our arses on his scarf before he puts it on for the show. We did and the keyboard player even managed to squeeze a fart on it.

The worst thing was, he never noticed so we proceeded to do it for a full 8 days before he noticed and threw it away. *hangs head in shame*[/quote]

MB1. :)
Very Grim! :rolleyes:
:lol: ..And on the Eighth Day!...The Poopy Paschmina!... :o

Edited by MB1