Why become a member? ×

PLEASE DELETE

sk8

This has become superfluous since i got my Hiwatt DR201 Custom 200 so i'm looking to move it on.

Blew a valve a while back but Dave Green sent me a couple and has since checked the amp to make sure it is in tip top shape.

As these go for £479 and the chinese made ones for £400, £350 inc Uninsured Delivery is my price Collection welcome, I'm in the Bristol/Bath area.

Got a couple of knocks on the corner protectors (thats what they are for!) but other than that its in great shape.

Will put up pics if there is some interest

Comes with the signed certificate of authenticity and original box.

Edited by sk8

[quote name='sk8' post='913238' date='Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM']This has become superfluous since i got my Hiwatt DR201 Custom 200 so i'm looking to move it on.

Blew a valve a while back but Dave Green sent me a couple and has since checked the amp to make sure it is in tip top shape.

As these go for £479 and the chinese made ones for £400, £415 plus Delivery seems about right. Collection welcome, I'm in the Bristol/Bath area.

Got a couple of knocks on the corner protectors (thats what they are for!) but other than that its in great shape.

Comes with the signed certificate of authenticity and original box.[/quote]

oh dear Mike,,,that didnt last long hahahahaha

Don't bother buying one of these amps if you want a HundredWatts of transistorised tinnyness & thin-tone :)

However - if you fancy a HundredWeight of real tube heavy duty tone & old skool bassiness, these Little Bastards are great :rolleyes:

Have a free BUMP for the first 2nd hand LB I've seen & good luck with the sale.

Cheerz, John

If i can get my [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150476317026&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]amp sold[/url] then I would very much like to take this precious little monster off of your hands... could even collect as i'll be around bath/bristol in two weeks...

[quote name='sk8' post='913238' date='Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM']This has become superfluous since i got my Hiwatt DR201 Custom 200 so i'm looking to move it on.

As these go for £479 and the chinese made ones for £400, £415 plus Delivery seems about right. Collection welcome, I'm in the Bristol/Bath area.

Comes with the signed certificate of authenticity and original box.[/quote]

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard~ID~12949.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~A...rd~ID~12949.asp[/url]

[quote name='Oldman' post='916910' date='Aug 6 2010, 12:52 PM'][url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard~ID~12949.asp"]http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~A...rd~ID~12949.asp[/url][/quote]
:)

Sorry, I don't get the relevance of linking to the Sounds Live page for a Chinese-made LB.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='916924' date='Aug 6 2010, 01:08 PM']:)

Sorry, I don't get the relevance of linking to the Sounds Live page for a Chinese-made LB.[/quote]

Ahhh this is special then

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='918136' date='Aug 7 2010, 05:06 PM']i dont think its relevant to post prices on someones thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

So what your sayin' is its ok for some but not for others..............If someone (and I PM'd SK8 for an honest opinion of the LB) wants one and has absolutely no idea other than a price guide, whether the item is Chinese, Cantonese or Lemon Cheese we should not guide !!! I see .enough here to pop that in. I would like one But .. I got an honest opinion, so my jury's still out until I hear one. We have our opinions............

[quote name='Oldman' post='919100' date='Aug 8 2010, 09:50 PM']So what your sayin' is its ok for some but not for others..............If someone (and I PM'd SK8 for an honest opinion of the LB) wants one and has absolutely no idea other than a price guide, whether the item is Chinese, Cantonese or Lemon Cheese we should not guide !!! I see .enough here to pop that in. I would like one But .. I got an honest opinion, so my jury's still out until I hear one. We have our opinions............[/quote]

Hey oldman,

I'm sure there was no bad will on your part, but it is forum rules not to post publically about the prices on a FS thread. Dont worry about it like, Just consider it your basschat bretheren looking out for ya!

Just out of interest Sk8, Would you consider this amp at all giggable? Acoustic trio? Sensible pub rock?

[quote name='sk8' post='919229' date='Aug 9 2010, 05:37 AM']Acoustic trio yes. Used it in church fine but if you want a clean tone it might not cut it in a pub situation. If you can DI it into a PA then you'd be laughing[/quote]

And that is the honest answer I got. Thanks guys fork eepin me str8

[quote name='voxpop' post='916155' date='Aug 5 2010, 04:25 PM']Have a bump on me for an amazing amp.

I changed the valves over to new old stock 1960's preamp valves and put in some Harma EL84s.

Audio heaven.[/quote]

What difference has this made to the tone? I love the basic tone of the amp, but don't like it when it starts to break up. Any info here would be great.

[quote name='Oldman' post='920691' date='Aug 10 2010, 02:41 PM']And that is the honest answer I got. Thanks guys fork eepin me str8[/quote]

I have gigged mine in a 5 piece band, in a medium sized venue which was packed. It kept up.

[quote name='cameltoe' date='Aug 11 2010, 07:27 PM' post='921898']
What difference has this made to the tone? I love the basic tone of the amp, but don't like it when it starts to break up. Any info here would be great.

Because it has no input gain / volume control on the amp you have no control over how much of your bass sound hits the first preamp valve ( ECC83 ).

You can lower the gain simply by changing the two ECC83 valves for ECC81 / 12AU7 valves. This will mean only 60% of the gain will hit the power valves ( EL84's).

This will smooth out the sound. I tested this by playing a simple chord with full force on the strings at low volume settings on the amp. Any distortion will be caused by the preamp valves (ecc83's) not the power values ( EL84's) as you will be listening at low volume.

Changing to the two ECC81 valves and doing the same chord results in no distortion................cleaner and smoother sound.

If you need more help just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Just used the LB at church tonight. Really loved the sound. Looks like its definitely a keeper

Really useful having a low powered all valve head as the Hiwatt is big and heavy and its volume is not always needed

[quote name='sk8' post='931271' date='Aug 20 2010, 07:28 PM']Just used the LB at church tonight. Really loved the sound. Looks like its definitely a keeper

Really useful having a low powered all valve head as the Hiwatt is big and heavy and its volume is not always needed[/quote]

I used mine last night at a decent sized pub gig. Coped fine. I had to run it up to break up point where it's loudest (which is only about 4 on the output, pesky gainy preamp valves) but we are a fairly loud 5 piece, and the pub was a decent size and packed out. It coped well, but some headroom would be nice. it sounds AMAZING! I'm in love with Valves.