Why become a member? ×

PLEASE DELETE

sk8

[quote name='sk8' post='986864' date='Oct 13 2010, 12:51 PM']Final drop to £325

I'm not going lower. Might as well keep the Little Bastard :)[/quote]
Stop it, you're not helping my wallet. I REALLY want this but can't really afford it...

will give it a go maybe. It is a cool amp but i'm not using it a great amount and wanted to free up some capital but i won't get rid of it cheaply for the sake of it. Rather keep it. It does sound good with a 412 :)

[quote name='bumnote' post='981345' date='Oct 8 2010, 10:41 AM']Cant comment really and Im not trying to start an argument although I cant see where it says where it says the other one is made in PRC.

Im just quoting from Aug BGM interview with Mark Gooday where he says

'all ashdown valve amps are built from start to finish at the companys valve centre just down the road from head office.We can actually make valve amps here in england at the same price here in england as we can in China. Blah Blah Blah. With the shipping, duty and the way the exchange rate is right now, not to mention having to unpack everything and re test it everything we made the decision not to send any of the valve amps offshore. We will just get them all made here and that makes us very flexible.'

In these times its great to see products made in the UK rather than offshore[/quote]

The first 100 avaliable (bar the prototype versions) were handbuilt in the UK, with a limited edition number (1-100) and a signed document from Mark Gooday and Dave Green with the limited edition number on the certificate.

The freely avaliable versions were due to be factory built in China, at a cheaper cost and hence a cheaper purchase price. I'm not sure if these are even in stock yet over here.

[quote name='sk8' post='989937' date='Oct 16 2010, 08:26 AM']Final drop to £300. If it don't go i'll keep it[/quote]

Dude what are you doing to me? I'm trying to sell mine too! You're not helping!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sk8' post='1016059' date='Nov 8 2010, 09:49 AM']i have put a higher price on it as i'm not going to give it away and the lower price was to shift it quickly, which it hasn't.

Will trade for a G&L Tribute SB-2 bass.[/quote]

I am confused! "The lower price was to shift it quickly, which it hasn't [so you have] put a higher price on it." Have I got that right? I can't see the logic here. What is your price?

[quote name='harmonator' post='1016162' date='Nov 8 2010, 11:11 AM']I am confused! "The lower price was to shift it quickly, which it hasn't [so you have] put a higher price on it." Have I got that right? I can't see the logic here. What is your price?[/quote]

The point is if it doesn't sell at a give away price he may as well hold out for what it's worth.

[quote name='harmonator' post='1016686' date='Nov 8 2010, 06:33 PM']No thanks.[/quote]

Because buying a used item for 3/4 of its new price is unreasonable?

These are great amps, I recently used one for recording and the sound we got was beautiful. I also used it at a gig recently to run an acoustic guitar through and it worked bloody well.

£350 for a UK made valve amp, blooming bargain.