Why become a member? ×

PLEASE DELETE

sk8

I didn't see it last week for £300, but the point is a price increase of 16.6% in one week sounds like hyperinflation to me, regardless of how good an amp Alfie thinks it is.

It's not a bad amp by any means, but it's not up there with hard-wired, point to point amps with heavyweight transformers. Judging by the chorus of voices proclaiming it as the bargain of the year at £350, all I can say is, why don't you buy it then?

[quote name='harmonator' post='1017315' date='Nov 9 2010, 11:05 AM']I didn't see it last week for £300, but the point is a price increase of 16.6% in one week sounds like hyperinflation to me, regardless of how good an amp Alfie thinks it is.

It's not a bad amp by any means, but it's not up there with hard-wired, point to point amps with heavyweight transformers. Judging by the chorus of voices proclaiming it as the bargain of the year at £350, all I can say is, why don't you buy it then?[/quote]

I know it's a bargain because I have one; I don't need two but I wish I had got mine for £350

I only felt moved to comment on the amp because your reply of "no thanks" seemed a bit unnecessary in someone else's sale thread. That sort of communication should be confined to PMs, or even better not said at all.

[quote name='harmonator' post='1017315' date='Nov 9 2010, 11:05 AM']I didn't see it last week for £300, but the point is a price increase of 16.6% in one week sounds like hyperinflation to me, regardless of how good an amp Alfie thinks it is.

It's not a bad amp by any means, but it's not up there with hard-wired, point to point amps with heavyweight transformers. Judging by the chorus of voices proclaiming it as the bargain of the year at £350, all I can say is, why don't you buy it then?[/quote]
The market dictates the price but as a seller i to have the right to set a price i feel is fair.

Shops often have sales which once over the items will go back to the original price.

£350 is still £180 saving off a new one and if you are still interested i'm sure we can sort something out.

This does sound in the same league as my Hiwatt. for a 30 watt amp its still 30 pounds! Having taken mine out of the case the transformers are still pretty chunky even though its only 30 watts

Astonishing! 'No thanks' means exactly what it says: no, thank you; I do not wish to proceed further. Perhaps you are a little hyper-sensitive about language in this environment of hyperinflation. As for not saying it at all, surely it is preferable for the seller to know that a possible lead is not defunct.

[quote name='harmonator' post='1017394' date='Nov 9 2010, 12:25 PM']Astonishing! 'No thanks' means exactly what it says: no, thank you; I do not wish to proceed further. Perhaps you are a little hyper-sensitive about language in this environment of hyperinflation. As for not saying it at all, surely it is preferable for the seller to know that a possible lead is not defunct.[/quote]

Hence PM.

[quote name='harmonator' post='1017394' date='Nov 9 2010, 12:25 PM']Astonishing! 'No thanks' means exactly what it says: no, thank you; I do not wish to proceed further. Perhaps you are a little hyper-sensitive about language in this environment of hyperinflation. As for not saying it at all, surely it is preferable for the seller to know that a possible lead is not defunct.[/quote]

:)

well, you said no thanks at £350 so i thought maybe that was the issue in that it had gone up form £300.

My last entry was a response to Alfie, who seemed to take exception to my "no thanks". I make no judgment as to whether or not the amp is worth £350, merely that human nature balks against inquiring after an amp being marketed at £300, and then finding out that the price has risen by 1/6th. Anyway, good luck with the sale (no irony intended and I hope none taken!)