Why become a member? ×

What is the best bass for you ?

KERMITNT

So name the best bass for that works all around and has a special position tou your heart :)

The best bass that ever played own is my Fbass BN5

the reason is
SOUND
1) Awsome sound through the mix can fit in any style
2) Many features flexible preamp: hum backers/single coils vol , vol , treble , passive active control and 3 band boost eg
3)B is a killer

QUALITY
Top quality in every way
1) frets
2)electronics
3)woods
4) finish
all so well cared i never seen before maybe is equal to Jerzy Drodz that i one played (awsome bass too)

PLAYABILITY

1)The best feel play low action bass ever.
2)19mm that i love
3)never need tuning is amazing
4)a bit of chunky neck not to much though to put your left thump in order to get the nice position...

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='905656' date='Jul 26 2010, 12:15 PM']So name the best bass for that works all around and has a special position tou your heart :)

the reason is
SOUND
2) Many features flexible preamp: hum backers/single coils vol , vol , treble , passive active control and 3 band boost eg
3)B is a killer

QUALITY
Top quality in every way
1) frets
2)electronics
3)woods
4) finish
all so well cared i never seen before maybe is equal to Jerzy Drodz that i one played (awsome bass too)

PLAYABILITY

2)19mm that i love
4)a bit of chunky neck not to much though to put your left thump in order to get the nice position...

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
MIA Fender Precision

Sound - just a classic sound, can be made either warm and rounded, or hard and punchy, from classic Motown to aggresive punk. Either way though, it always provides a great foundation for the rest of the band.

Quality - Fenders are virtually indestructable - drop one off the Empire State Building, you only need to worry about the pavement.

Playability - easy to play, despite the chunky neck.

Other features - the P-Bass is a classic, be it first (51) or second (57) generation. Not the flashiest looker, not got the most features, but its reliability is known worldwide. Easy to get a good sound from. Its simplicity is what makes it what it is - a simply great bass.

For me, it would be my Kubicki Ex Factor. I had one when I was 16 and sold it when I was 18 and realised I'd made a huge mistake. Fretted basses just don't get better than that! So I bought another one. My first was #1777, my second is #1659, both made in 1989.

Incredible tones, fantastic playability, looks incredible - whats not to like? It's also a classic example of 1980's over-engineering and is far more technically advanced than 99% of new designs today! I love all the little features it has, like the 36 laminate neck, the scooped pickup covers, the headless design - brilliant. It also always gets admiring glances! :)

Plus, having been played by Stuart Hamm, I know that it can do anything I want it to, and so I'll never blame my lack of ability on the bass!

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='905656' date='Jul 26 2010, 12:15 PM']So name the best bass for that works all around and has a special position tou your heart :)

the reason is
SOUND
3)B is a killer

QUALITY
Top quality in every way
1) frets
2)electronics
3)woods
4) finish

PLAYABILITY

2)19mm that i love

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Not fair! Wanted an F-Bass ever since I tried one out in NYC this April. Not into boutique basses but I would snap an F-Bass up no doubt.

Haven't actually got a bass right now I'm 100% into so I'll have to get back to this once I do :rolleyes:

That a nice looking bass, Glad you found the One!!!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='906383' date='Jul 26 2010, 10:02 PM']My Shuker is perfect for me - 5 strings, comfortable weight, nice balance, sounds stunning, easy to play, staggering build quality, top quality woods / hardware, looks. This bass cured my GAS and will see my playing days out.[/quote]

Edited by G-77

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='906383' date='Jul 27 2010, 12:02 AM']My Shuker is perfect for me - 5 strings, comfortable weight, nice balance, sounds stunning, easy to play, staggering build quality, top quality woods / hardware, looks. This bass cured my GAS and will see my playing days out.

[/quote]

hey man thats a great bass i love it nice look you have a pm !

[quote name='G-77' post='906352' date='Jul 26 2010, 09:32 PM']My Kingbass Artist "Moo Wood"

Reason,
1/ One of Sir Rob Greens finest
2/ Just look at it!!

;-)[/quote]

Seen this lotsa times and that wood still is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

My current basses - Status B1 and B2. Class, quality, beauty. Sounds and plays like nothing else I have ever picked up... notch another 2 to Mr. Green!

See up and left a bit for the B1....

Edited by garethox

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='906383' date='Jul 26 2010, 10:02 PM']My Shuker is perfect for me - 5 strings, comfortable weight, nice balance, sounds stunning, easy to play, staggering build quality, top quality woods / hardware, looks. This bass cured my GAS and will see my playing days out.[/quote]

Best bass you've ever had Al, no question.

Me? Gawd, wouldn't know where to start. I guess the Kinal MK-5 or the Overwater Progress 5 were maybe the best basses I've had in terms of what I'd call [i]top end [/i]stuff, but, I moved them on, so they can't have been right for me can they?

Since discovering the G&Ls, I'd say they were perfect for me in terms of tone, playability, build quality etc. I have no plans at all to change them, and in fact turned down a tempting offer recently to hang on to them, so that says a lot to me.

I am Captain GAS, but I have none at all at this time.