Why become a member? ×

Gig log

arthurhenry

Does anyone else keep a detailed log of all the gigs they do? I have a list of every gig I've ever done, just coming up on 800 with date, band, venue, bass used and a record of any documentation - photos, flyers etc. A bit trainspotter I know, but great to look back on.

Yep, I keep a record of all my gigs on my website with some more detailed notes kept offline - I love collecting posters with the band name on them too, I think it'll be great to look back on in years to come!

I have got bits and pieces stashed away, but I wished I had kept a diary - so many stories.

The most bizarre thing is that every once in a while I bump into people who will remind me of something from way back - sometimes complete strangers!

Used to, many years ago, when I first started, not any more though. I must say it would be great to look back on, especially with the fellas I played with but I have enough trouble getting rehearsed for the next one!

Memory certainly slips, I've seen videos of me playing gigs I have no memory of whatsoever. 800 is pretty impressive, I think even with a list of them, I'd not remember the large proportion of them. Certainly lots of stories though, I've always thought being in a band is as much about decrepit vans, weird people, general larking about etc as about the music.

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='885822' date='Jul 4 2010, 09:12 PM'][b]O.C.D.[/b] :)[/quote]

Just ahead of me there

I keep a record of the info the tax people need but I dep with a band where a lot of detail goes into The Book, including which dances are done and which tunes are played.