Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Streamer stage I 18v SOLD

dazco

I am selling my Warwick stage one Streamer

It is a polished natural colour, four string, fretted.

The hardware is 18v, apparantly.

I am in Preston, Lancs.

No trades thanks, I have to accept that I will never be bothered to learn.

Comes with a soft case.

Offers taken, at the moment. I cannot find how much it is worth.

Edited by dazco

blah blah blah someone will come along tell you you have to have a price, forum rules.

someone else will come along and tell you it's not real without pictures,

the third person will come and ask how old it is,

and me, im just amazed you have such a nice bass to learn on!

[quote name='dazco' post='880308' date='Jun 28 2010, 08:42 PM']I am selling my Warwick stage one Streamer

It is a polished natural colour, four string, fretted.

The hardware is 18v, apparantly.

I am in Preston, Lancs.

No trades thanks, I have to accept that I will never be bothered to learn.

Comes with a soft case.

[b]Offers taken, at the moment. I cannot find how much it is worth.[/b][/quote]
I've heard that after the BP spill, England's exit and Kylie kissing Anamatronix that they have fallen to £25 with free delivery and Thai massage. :)
I'll give you £50!

Best of luck!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='880359' date='Jun 28 2010, 09:08 PM']blah blah blah someone will come along tell you you have to have a price, forum rules.

someone else will come along and tell you it's not real without pictures,

the third person will come and ask how old it is,

and me, im just amazed you have such a nice bass to learn on![/quote]

What would you ask for it?

I bought it from a chap on here, YouMa (Mark) and it is exactly the same condition. Should we say £650

[quote name='dazco' post='880368' date='Jun 28 2010, 09:20 PM']What would you ask for it?

I bought it from a chap on here, YouMa (Mark) and it is exactly the same condition. Should we say £650[/quote]

As you paid only £560 for it, maybe that or less would be the right price to ask? :)

[quote name='cetera' post='880743' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:43 AM']As you paid only £560 for it, maybe that or less would be the right price to ask? :)[/quote]

I did notice that you put a winky sign after that, however.....

It's like saying if you got a bass for free as a gift, then you should also give it away. It's worth what the seller and buyer agree.

Values change over time as well, both upwards and downwards, so I've never been able to agree with the view that some express here that you must never sell a bass for more than you paid for it.

Off topic, but you do get a BUMP.

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' post='880874' date='Jun 29 2010, 12:47 PM']I did notice that you put a winky sign after that, however.....

It's like saying if you got a bass for free as a gift, then you should also give it away. It's worth what the seller and buyer agree.

Values change over time as well, both upwards and downwards, so I've never been able to agree with the view that some express here that you must never sell a bass for more than you paid for it.

Off topic, but you do get a BUMP.

Frank.[/quote]
I quite agree. I only bought it because I thought it was significantly undervalued.

There is a streamer for sale on here right now that needs re-furbing, and the owner is asking £650. He has been told this is a good price.

There is another Streamer that is a bolt on neck (and I believe not 18v) that is £520.

When I bought this, Warwicks were seriously out of vogue. In fact I started a thread about it. Had they gone even more out of vogue would anybody be asking me to put the price up to £560, if I offered it at £460?

Because I bought it off here, and to keep to the spirit of BC, I will take £600 for it which is £20 more than my outlay for it.. Someone gets a bargain in my opinion.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='dazco' post='880910' date='Jun 29 2010, 01:13 PM']I quite agree. I only bought it because I thought it was significantly undervalued.

There is a streamer for sale on here right now that needs re-furbing, and the owner is asking £650. He has been told this is a good price.

There is another Streamer that is a bolt on neck (and I believe not 18v) that is £520.

When I bought this, Warwicks were seriously out of vogue. In fact I started a thread about it. Had they gone even more out of vogue would anybody be asking me to put the price up to £560, if I offered it at £460?

Because I bought it off here, and to keep to the spirit of BC, I will take £600 for it which is £20 more than my outlay for it.. Someone gets a bargain in my opinion.[/quote]

Heya, So what the deal with the 24th fret??

[quote name='BassKS' post='880983' date='Jun 29 2010, 02:18 PM']Heya, So what the deal with the 24th fret??[/quote]
I have no idea. If it is there it is included in the price.

If it is not there I do not know what to suggest

[quote name='dr1' post='881094' date='Jun 29 2010, 04:19 PM']who needs that fret anyway?[/quote]
I don't know much about basses but I have been and counted the frets and there are 24. Is this correct? Is it one too many?

[quote name='dazco' post='881118' date='Jun 29 2010, 04:36 PM']I don't know much about basses but I have been and counted the frets and there are 24. Is this correct? Is it one too many?[/quote]

yep, that's the norm. it just looks odd because of the construction... typical warwick really.

[quote name='dazco' post='881118' date='Jun 29 2010, 04:36 PM']I don't know much about basses but I have been and counted the frets and there are 24. Is this correct? Is it one too many?[/quote]

I believe you if you say that you've counted 24 but that must be a weird camera angle on the previous pics supplied because it looks all the world like the last fret is missing! :) :rolleyes:

It's the neck through overhang on it, they tend to have the extra bit of fretboard material there.

Ta very much for the bass, i've just had a good few hours noodling on it and it'll be getting its first airing this Thursday :)

[quote name='Shirezy' post='881465' date='Jun 29 2010, 11:01 PM']It's the neck through overhang on it, they tend to have the extra bit of fretboard material there.

Ta very much for the bass, i've just had a good few hours noodling on it and it'll be getting its first airing this Thursday :)[/quote]
Hiya chap.

I am glad it has gone to someone who knows what the hell they are doing with it.

This guys fingers are as fast as lightening

[quote name='YouMa' post='881528' date='Jun 30 2010, 12:41 AM']Interesting to see my old bass has gone to manchester now,look after her,if you are interested she used to belong to paul rogers from free/queen apparently he likes playing bass in his spare time.[/quote]
I wish you had told me earlier, I could have got another eight quid for that.

Your guitar is in a better place :)