Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerford

Jarhead

I may be a little late to the party with this, but when I saw R.A.T.M. at Download on Saturday I noticed that Tim was actually playing a set of Lakland Jazz basses instead of the regular Fenders. Has this been going on long? I noticed that he's on their artist page, but I always thought he had been with Fender.

Zach

My daughter came back from Download raving about seeing RATM, + AC/DC, Crooked Vultures and Slash were the other highlights. I'm too old for muddy fields, but drove to Manchester to see Audioslave long ago, with TC still in Fender land.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='PauBass' post='869990' date='Jun 17 2010, 04:19 PM']You are right he only had two Ampegs on stage...

[/quote]

There was another head (not sure if a cab too, not a 8x10 anyway) behind those two. It was facing the left of the stage. (as wee look at it)

[quote name='Dubs' post='870552' date='Jun 18 2010, 10:09 AM']Looks like a couple of SVT-VR heads in that pic?[/quote]

indeed, my bad god knows where I hot the 450 from.

I would just like to add that his sound is pretty killer when he was using a stingray.

Did anyone hear/see the radio 5 live show for Christmas? Anyone know why it sounded so (IMO) bad?

Burping, farting, nasal; are but a few words I would describe it as.

[quote name='krispn' post='870698' date='Jun 18 2010, 12:35 PM']Lets not forget his classic Killing..tone which had to be an EB Musicman but that was from waaaay back at the beginning![/quote]

That's what he was using the last time I saw them, way back on their first UK tour.

[quote name='krispn' post='870698' date='Jun 18 2010, 12:35 PM']Lets not forget his classic Killing..tone which had to be an EB Musicman but that was from waaaay back at the beginning![/quote]
The bass tone on that entire album blows my mind...frikkin' stingrays are EPIC!

Edited by Duarte

[quote name='Duarte' post='873182' date='Jun 21 2010, 12:40 AM']The bass tone on that entire album blows my mind...frikkin' stingrays are EPIC![/quote]

+1 Such a good slap and fingerstyle tone, if i could have a sound like that it would justify playing slap bass!