Why become a member? ×

Nash basses - German site with some nice ones

Clarky

I am thoughly enjoying my recently acquired Nash JB-63. Such a great, worn-in feeling instrument. BassDirect are going to stock them (4 on order) but until Mark gets them in, here's another site (a German one) which stocks some nice examples for you to peruse. There's a very Pino-ish 63-PB amongst them. And for the anti-fake Fender brigade, they are now using 'NashGuitars' as the headstock decal.

[url="http://www.station-music.de/index.html"]http://www.station-music.de/index.html[/url]

[quote name='Clarky' post='859220' date='Jun 6 2010, 07:57 PM']I am thoughly enjoying my recently acquired Nash JB-63. Such a great, worn-in feeling instrument. BassDirect are going to stock them (4 on order) but until Mark gets them in, here's another site (a German one) which stocks some nice examples for you to peruse. There's a very Pino-ish 63-PB amongst them. And for the anti-fake Fender brigade, they are now using 'NashGuitars' as the headstock decal.

[url="http://www.station-music.de/index.html"]http://www.station-music.de/index.html[/url][/quote]

Nice!

The JB 72 looks nice,

but they all appear so heavily relicked as to create an impression of being totally knackered out. I'm not against the whole relicking thing as I have a roadworn jazz, but that work appears to have been done with little discretion.

Shame to do that to what otherwise appear to be very nice instruments. Wouldn't mind trying one though

T

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='859478' date='Jun 7 2010, 01:39 AM']Too pricey in my opinion though.[/quote]
They are definitely not "cheap". I was lucky enough to pick mine up s/h, so considerably cheaper than listed on the German website. That said, they are hand-made in a small workshop and are superb instruments. Lots of reviewers on the web seem to think they are better put together and playing than Fender Custom Shop basses (which generally cost more than this amount) and often better than the vintage Fenders they were originally designed to replace (as I understand it, the initial demand for these came from musicians with very valuable old Fenders who were nervous of taking their basses on the road).

My Nash (and the one I sold to Stacker) is the nicest playing Jazz I have ever had in my greasy mitts and I doubt any Sandberg/Sadowsky etc would play any better. You pays your money, you takes your choice ....

Hear hear,

My old Nash (which is the one that stacker now has?) is a beautiful sounding j bass. I also had a T63 which I had to sell, the teles are exceptional guitars, especially with lollars on them!

Price wise that's not too bad esp. as the euro is going down hill. Almost equivalent to buying it from the states given the guff you have to deal with getting it into the uk.

N

[quote name='Cairobill' post='859578' date='Jun 7 2010, 09:43 AM']My old Nash (which is the one that stacker now has?)[/quote]

It is indeed, the lovely candy apple red one which I sold to buy a 'real' vintage Fender Jazz and then discovered too late that I preferred to the real McCoy. As Stacker (rightly) wouldn't sell it back to me, I ended up with the s/h sunburst JB-63 from BassDirect

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='859323' date='Jun 6 2010, 09:10 PM']The JB 72 looks nice, but they all appear so heavily relicked as to create an impression of being totally knackered out. I'm not against the whole relicking thing as I have a roadworn jazz, but that work appears to have been done with little discretion.[/quote]

I bet it's a real player, though! You could always buy one and tidy it up a bit! :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='859549' date='Jun 7 2010, 09:03 AM']They are definitely not "cheap". I was lucky enough to pick mine up s/h, so considerably cheaper than listed on the German website. That said, they are hand-made in a small workshop and are superb instruments. Lots of reviewers on the web seem to think they are better put together and playing than Fender Custom Shop basses (which generally cost more than this amount) and often better than the vintage Fenders they were originally designed to replace (as I understand it, the initial demand for these came from musicians with very valuable old Fenders who were nervous of taking their basses on the road).

My Nash (and the one I sold to Stacker) is the nicest playing Jazz I have ever had in my greasy mitts and I doubt any Sandberg/Sadowsky etc would play any better. You pays your money, you takes your choice ....[/quote]

in that case they are reasonably priced. I'm currently looking into parts a bassing a P with the same specs asthenosphere 57 P, even downtown the pickups. If I had the cash I'd go for it.

Given what you'd pay for a Fender CS Relic these are more affordable. Bear in mind there are three levels of relicing on Nash instruments. I, for one, love the ex-Cairobill/Clarky Jazz that fell into my hands and owning that promted me to track down more. Which I did, at Bass Direct and Clarky pipped me to it!

Nash rules, in my books.

[quote name='Clarky' post='861449' date='Jun 8 2010, 08:47 PM']Station-Music does have the most jaw-dropping collection of basses of any website I've come across. Is that a Custom Shop 57?[/quote]

Er, hang on... no, it's a 59 Relic (it says here). Only 3,199.00 Euro to you squire. So it'll have to wait till next month, then :)

It [i]is[/i] totally perving me out, though.