Why become a member? ×

It's a Shuker, but not as we know it.

MacDaddy

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='589278' date='Sep 3 2009, 11:48 PM']I will be picking it up Saturday 19th September! :)[/quote]
Awesome! Don't forget to take plenty of photos when you get it home and post them up here. Then you can lock yourself away from the world and get yourself acquainted.

[quote name='Mikey R' post='589426' date='Sep 4 2009, 09:48 AM']Id recommend chocolate hobnobs.[/quote]
That was going to be a question I was going to ask when my bass is ready for collection as I know it is customary to turn up at Jon's with biscuits in hand. Wanted to find out what was perhaps a favoured biscuit among the luthier trade. Chocolate covered hobnobs it is!

I was unaware of the biscuit tradition, thanks for the heads up :)

Yep will take lots of piccies, I imagine I will be the one grinning like a goon in every single pic :rolleyes: .
Does anyone else have a pic up that day?

BTW no longer gonna go by train, it will be cheaper to buy a car!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try get some better pics up soon and will post more, but as you can imagine I'm spending quite a lot of time playing :)

Soundwise (IMO) it falls somewhere between my old passive SUB and a Fender P. There is no tonal variation as it only has a volume pot, but for a passive bass it kicks it out - the pup has been extra wound and it is hum cancelling.

The bendwell requires a bit more finger strength than I currently have, so that's something to work on. The neck is probably the best I've ever played, it suits me perfectly, and the thumbchumb does everything I wanted it to.

The original plan for the LED's was for them to be off, on, flash, and pulse. However Jon went the extra mile, and now I can control the pulses :rolleyes:

I love it - which is just as well :lol:

HAPPY HAPPY - JOY JOY! :lol:

That's a sweet looking bass mate!
Really love what Jon did with your pickup cover/ramp, very creative and still nice and subtle.

That's cheap for a bass though, I'm sure I paid over a grand for my 6er, if only I'd known I could've paid in Hobnobs... :)

Congrats mate and looking forward to some better pics.

Cheers,
Eude

thanks for the kind comments guys :)

[quote name='steve' post='604927' date='Sep 21 2009, 08:25 PM']Fantastic, looking forward to more pics, I think I've sussed what the bendwell is, what's a thumbchum?[/quote]

it's the name for the all in one pup cover/thumb rest/ramp.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='606320' date='Sep 23 2009, 12:58 AM']Tell us about the LEDS then... How do they "pulse". From what I can work out from the circuit, they should come on in pairs?[/quote]

well spotted sir! As someone who can just about wire a plug I'm impressed :)

There are about 7 different options (not including all on) and they go from 2 together pulsing up the neck alone, then several together going up the neck, so that by the end of the options it looks like all the lights are on and they are being switched off as they go up the neck.

Apologies for the rather poor explanation.