Why become a member? ×

BBC on Bass

bubinga5

[quote name='discreet' post='851298' date='May 29 2010, 06:16 PM']It's a right large portion.[/quote]

Um, no, it wouldn't have been at all appropriate... besides she's not only married and has one kid I believe she's expecting again :)

I meant, if you can get your mind out of the gutter :rolleyes: that she is a lovely and very attractive in person, so to speak

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='51m0n' post='849220' date='May 27 2010, 10:18 AM']Dont lump Sleeper in with Kenickie though, The It Girl is a fantastic album, do yourselves a favour and have another listen :)[/quote]

Yeah leave Sleeper alone. I loved them big time. Met them on Brighton pier and they were very charming.

[quote name='Johnston' post='851290' date='May 29 2010, 06:07 PM']Four glaring omissions I think are Steve Harris, Gordon Sumner, John Deacon and Jack Bruce.[/quote]

One of the biggest bands in the world, U2 and Adam in not in that list, yet Alex from Blur is. Crazy. How Gordon never made the list is unbelievable. Oh and Stuart Zender, he's quite a famous bass player and that chap called Pino is quite good I hear.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Marvin' post='851281' date='May 29 2010, 05:48 PM']You're going to have to give us the heads up when that's released, looks the dogs do da's. I'm not sure Mrs Marvin will enjoy it though :)[/quote]

Yes, please keep us posted, it looks great this documentry.

bear in mind that Lauren Laverne burst into tears when Kenickie appeared on Adam & Joe's "Vinyl Justice" segment of their channel4 show, and she couldn't take them poking fun at some of her record collection. glass houses, eh?

as said, though, there have been some top music programmes on BBC4 lately.

[quote name='SJA' post='851859' date='May 30 2010, 03:21 PM']bear in mind that Lauren Laverne burst into tears when Kenickie appeared on Adam & Joe's "Vinyl Justice" segment of their channel4 show, and she couldn't take them poking fun at some of her record collection. glass houses, eh?[/quote]
I would have loved to have seen that.

[quote name='mike f' post='851883' date='May 30 2010, 03:57 PM']Nick - did you see your Ibanez make an appearance on the last show?[/quote]

Hi Mike,
Yeah... in that Mondays clip at the beginning - sorted! :)

Yeah, who else spotted Bill Wyman playing a Travis Bean for about a nanosecond. I got so excited I got the Mrs. to rewind and freeze frame while I pointed it out to her! She even pretended to be interested for me. She's a keeper, that one!
As you were....

[quote name='Gust0o' post='849051' date='May 26 2010, 10:54 PM']I thought Guy Pratt had done enough to convince the world we're all mad, anyway?

My only real grumble about the Beeb is [size=5]that Marching on Together isn't getting the airtime a top 10 single deserves :)[/size][/quote]
I hear you brother !