Why become a member? ×

Status Streamline 5

Owen

As new.

£1100

It is a great bass but it is just not for me.

It's not the bass it's me :)

Numerous pics here. [url="http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html"]http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html[/url]

I am gigging all weekend but will get some pics up ASAP

It includes 5 sets of Status double ball end 45 5 string sets

One-piece woven graphite moulding with compact neck / body design. Weighs 3.2 Kg (7lbs)
34” scale (864mm) with 24 frets and zero fret as standard
Phenolic fingerboard. Dual-action truss-rod
18mm string spacing
2 x Status soap-bar pickups
Two-band active EQ with 18 volt battery supply
Mono-rail bridge / tuner units
Black hardware
Gig-bag

Edited by owen

[quote name='owen' post='843482' date='May 20 2010, 09:00 PM']19mm string spacing (4 string) and 18mm (5 string). 16.5mm is a custom option on either 4 or 5 strings[/quote]

And what is yours ? :)

Any custom options, color, etc ... ?

[quote name='flychris' post='843498' date='May 20 2010, 08:14 PM']And what is yours ? :rolleyes:

Any custom options, color, etc ... ?[/quote]

Pretty lazy editing, huh! :)

It is a bog standard 18mm with black hardware.

Edited by owen

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='843613' date='May 20 2010, 10:22 PM']Sorry you didn't find a place in your heart for this one, Owen. Someone's going to get a bargain here. These are really special basses with a truly massive sound. :)[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, it was worth a try. I really wanted to try one and desperately wanted to like it, but we were not destined to be together. I keep going back to my £180 MTD Kingston. It fits for now, so I figured "why fight it?"

[quote name='owen' post='843719' date='May 21 2010, 12:07 AM']Ahhhhhh, it was worth a try. I really wanted to try one and desperately wanted to like it, but we were not destined to be together. I keep going back to my £180 MTD Kingston. It fits for now, so I figured "why fight it?"[/quote]If only I wasn't skint, I've just bought a Status vintage PJ, it is an awesome sounding bass as will this be, there's got to be a bargain for someone here!

[quote name='giblett123' post='843779' date='May 21 2010, 05:30 AM']If only I wasn't skint, I've just bought a Status vintage PJ, it is an awesome sounding bass as will this be, there's got to be a bargain for someone here![/quote]

You must post pics of that please.... :)

I am in Bangor, North Wales.

Mark I or II? I'm afraid that I have no idea. How would I tell?

No trades I'm afraid.

Need it you know you do.

Edited by owen

[quote name='owen' post='844088' date='May 21 2010, 01:10 PM']I am in Bangor, North Wales.

Mark I or II? I'm afraid that I have no idea. How would I tell?

No trades I'm afraid.

Need it you know you do.[/quote]

Could be wrong but I think all of the 5 stringers are the mark 1.

[quote name='martthebass' post='844151' date='May 21 2010, 01:51 PM']Could be wrong but I think all of the 5 stringers are the mark 1.[/quote]

...and I thought they were all Mark II! Not THAT much difference really!

To be fair to everyone, there are quite a few people sniffing around this. It will go the the first one to stump up the cash. I am not trying to put on a hard sell (hopefully my feedback will testify to this) but in this climate a sale is a sale. I hope everyone is cool with this.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='844273' date='May 21 2010, 03:45 PM']Congrats, Owen! I didn't even need to put Davide's pics on, either!

In answer to the query, all the 5's are the mk II angular model with the extra controls. :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
...Another Status in the Armoury? Rich?

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='844390' date='May 21 2010, 05:07 PM']Wasn't me either! I dithered too much about the looks. I need to try a couple o status' not sure whether all graphite or an S2 would be good for me[/quote]

All graphite - all the way S.....they're the dogs.