Why become a member? ×

Lakland Jo Osborn DPLE

Philly

I have just bought a new bass (again) which I am hoping will be a keeper, so my one in one out policy must be enforced. It’s sadly going to have to be my Lakland JO DPLE, which I bought about a year ago from this forum.

It’s a Dudepit limited edition in a Sherwood Green usual sparkly lakland finish, and matching headstock. Only 24 of these basses were ever made and only 4 with the maple board option (or so I hear!)

It’s a beautiful looking and playing bass, the neck is one of the slimmest and easiest I have played.

It has a j-retro installed as standard and also the stock fralin pickups, which makes the tonal variation excellent. Also has a spare black pearl pickguard

It has a little bit of buckle rash on the back and a couple of little marks, the worst one shown in the pictures.

Looking for what I paid for it which is £580.

It doesn’t come with a case but I can probably chuck a used hard case in for an extra £30 if needed/if I can.

Edited by Philly

Just a slight correction - there are only 23 of these in existence. 24 were ordered but one turned out to be STUPIDLY heavy and Dan Lakin wouldn't let it out the door. Mine's a keeper! These are great basses, and especially good considering the price.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='837088' date='May 14 2010, 12:51 PM']Just a slight correction - there are only 23 of these in existence. 24 were ordered but one turned out to be STUPIDLY heavy and Dan Lakin wouldn't let it out the door. Mine's a keeper! These are great basses, and especially good considering the price.[/quote]

Sssssshhhh You're making me really want to keep it!!

Thanks for the correction! Mine is really light, surprised he had a heavy one.

That's a very very handsome beast! My 77 USA Jazz was refinished many years ago in a green which, if all had gone to plan, would have been this just colour (minus the sparkle) - turned out a bit lighter, but I've grown to love it!

If I hadn't just bought a Sandberg PM4, didn't already have a really nice Jazz and had £580 spare, I'd bite your hand off.

Readers may notice that only one of the above reasons is true.

Good luck!

Edited by fraff

I saw this bass last night and had a quick play and it is a wonderful. The neck is so nice with great action. Its also very light. When Philly pulled it out the case, it was a case of "WOW". Someone's going to get a very nice bass.

[quote name='molan' post='837414' date='May 14 2010, 05:33 PM']I think this might have been mine for a while - very nice bass.

Replaced it with an NYC Sadowsky which cost over a grand more but wasn't proportionally better![/quote]

Hey Barrie, Philly now owns your lovely Fender Jazz that I bought from you. Is there any bass that you have not owned on here? :):):rolleyes:

[quote name='Linus27' post='837472' date='May 14 2010, 06:31 PM']Hey Barrie, Philly now owns your lovely Fender Jazz that I bought from you. Is there any bass that you have not owned on here? :):):rolleyes:[/quote]

There are a few, lol.

And quite a lot of them still inspiring much GAS. . .

[quote name='molan' post='837557' date='May 14 2010, 07:48 PM']There are a few, lol.

And quite a lot of them still inspiring much GAS. . .[/quote]

Maybe you can tell me what bass i will have 4 basses down the line from you, save me some time!

[quote name='Philly' post='837704' date='May 14 2010, 10:38 PM']Maybe you can tell me what bass i will have 4 basses down the line from you, save me some time![/quote]

Next logical upgrade from the '75 J RI is probably my Shuker J with custom options:

I'll keep you posted on it, lol

I tried to buy this when it was last sold by Mike, I think?

I saw it after the second post today and didn't bother because it looked like it was sold then.

Better luck next time?

Still, it was missing this one that led to me buying my '75 reissue jazz which I'm still loving so at least some good came of it. :)

Good luck to the new owner. I hope you enjoy it.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

[quote name='molan' post='837712' date='May 14 2010, 10:48 PM']Next logical upgrade from the '75 J RI is probably my Shuker J with custom options:

I'll keep you posted on it, lol[/quote]

Yes looks great please do!

And yes i bought it off mike, he has some great basses too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...