Why become a member? ×

So I finally caved - Matamp GT200

tayste_2000

Finished

I jammed with it for 2 hour tonight with my 8x10 and man I can't believe I waited this long before pulling the trigger on it.

The Tayste switch works perfectly even has a bit of boost on it so it sounds better than the front panel setting.

Got band practice tomorrow which will be fantastic, really looking forward to it.

So at the moment the front panel doesn't light up, this is due to me wanting red and they use a white electro iluminessence or however you spell it panel with a film across it, so 1 red film looked pink, they got it to red at about the 4th layer but then you couldn't see any light out of it. So they are sourcing a red plate but it will be a month, tbh I'm not fussed it looks stunning as is. I've ordered new black and red cinemascope badges for the 4x10 and 8x10 cabs.

I'm just so happy now, it's been a really great birthday.

[quote name='sk8' post='899801' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:53 AM']Thats not helping me not want one :)[/quote]

It's not helping me being at work, all I want to do is play this for hours and hours.

But got another 4 hour practice tonight and then 3 gigs over the weekend with it

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='900061' date='Jul 20 2010, 02:16 PM']Means people can use my amp with out messing up my settings, I just walk on and click, also means I know nothing as changed slightly if my tone is wierd one day, an issue I had with the 400+ a lot since it had so many knobs and sliders.[/quote]

That's a really good idea.

• 3 months later...