Why become a member? ×

Guns &Roses sweet child of mine

Here you go
[url="http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getsome.org/guitar/olga/chordpro/g/Guns.n.Roses/SweetChildOfMine.chopro"]http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getsome....ldOfMine.chopro[/url]

Just transpose it using the stuff on the right hand side.

No... but it is buskable easily enough I'd have thought.

You could use the Nashville method when transposing..

I'd be guessing
D, C and G . just do frilly bass bits over those major chords which is also the verse.

bridge is A, C and D...

and then just the intro top the Gtr solos changes...prob an E.. can't hear them off the top of my head out of context..

You are going to have to listen to it a bit to get how Duff M would phrase or play it...but there isn't anything in it to scare you...

It's Duff fer crissakes.... :)

edited..as I would have f***** the bridge if the gtr hadn't have told me he was going to play an A.... :rolleyes: :lol:

Do it in soundcheck and it should be sorted if you know where the song is going....

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='JTUK' post='821037' date='Apr 27 2010, 07:32 PM']No... but it is buskable easily enough I'd have thought.

You could use the Nashville method when transposing..

I'd be guessing
D, C and G . just do frilly bass bits over those major chords which is also the verse.

bridge is A, C and D...

and then just the intro top the Gtr solos changes...prob an E.. can't hear them off the top of my head out of context..

You are going to have to listen to it a bit to get how Duff M would phrase or play it...but there isn't anything in it to scare you...

It's Duff fer crissakes.... :)

edited..as I would have f***** the bridge if the gtr hadn't have told me he was going to play an A.... :rolleyes: :lol:

Do it in soundcheck and it should be sorted if you know where the song is going....[/quote]

We had a brief run througfh on Sunday,and yep it's d c g bridge a c d . It's mainly the intro.
What's a soundcheck? :lol: Gig i s on sat and I've gotta avoid sounding like LesDawson..

Thanks for all replies btw keep ideas coming......

:) :rolleyes:

We generally take the liberty of playing half a song just to get levels to start with. They seem to go out the window too quickly though.
This is also an ideal place to re-run those songs that are a bit dodgy..

There isn't a band I would play that song with, so any of my attempts would be on the basis that it would be a quick busk on the night with a made up band and they get what they get. It that sense, there is no pressure, it is what it is..

I couldn't play his style to save my life...or get his sound. I'd do it on the basis that the jam gig needed the numbers but it wasn't important to nail down any parts. I'd get as close as I could recall through a casual listen from yesteryear...people would focus more on the gtr anyway..

So, yeah, all glib glib from my part :lol:

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='821098' date='Apr 27 2010, 08:21 PM']We had a brief run througfh on Sunday,and yep it's d c g bridge a c d . It's mainly the intro.
What's a soundcheck? :) Gig i s on sat and I've gotta avoid sounding like LesDawson..

Thanks for all replies btw keep ideas coming......[/quote]

This any use?

What a fabulous song to play - this one always makes me smile especially with a good P/J configuration, a touch of chorus and a tiny bit of dirt in the sound. Once you've done your intro bit just lay back into that great groove and then make sure the big punches at the end are tight and your away. Duff has a really nice feel and all his runs and fills are very logical and instinctive so it's easy to stay on track, he's usually quite high in the mix too so it's easy to pick out everything he does.

I feel some serious Duff-love rising to surface so I'm to listen to DM's Loaded now :)

How close you want to get...?
I wouldn't bother tuning down myself... you have the 5, but then I wouldn't bother nicking his parts either.
Depends how serious you want to get about the song and how often you'll get to play it after the work you have to put in.

Enjoy it. I'm a big duff fan and love playing this tune. Definately use a bit of chorus!

[quote name='JTUK' post='822875' date='Apr 29 2010, 11:37 AM']How close you want to get...?
I wouldn't bother tuning down myself... you have the 5, but then I wouldn't bother nicking his parts either.
Depends how serious you want to get about the song and how often you'll get to play it after the work you have to put in.[/quote]

Good luck dude. If i was local i'd come and spy on you playing this song! haha.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='823412' date='Apr 29 2010, 08:49 PM']Well, I've spent a good hour on it , and am 90% there. I'll bluff it a bit(or is that Duff) on sat.
once I've got the gig out the way, I'll have sorted good and proper.

Thanks to all ,for your kind help[/quote]

[quote name='El Bajo' post='823748' date='Apr 30 2010, 10:03 AM']I wouldn't worry about getting the fills correct note for note. I would go over all the fills then put the music away and play from memory adding your own stamp to it, thats why i love playing this tune.

Enjoy![/quote]

Funny enough,that's what I'm doin' :)

I'm pretty sure the original song is in D, so you wouldn't need to detune. I used to play along to the entire album on bass when it first came out (I bought the bass tab book, but no idea where that's gone). It's a simple straight forward song to play & I like the bass in the intro part too.
My faves to play off that album were My Michelle, Mr Brownstone & of course Paradise City. I've never played any for some 10+ years now!

Did you read his interview in BGM a few months ago. He claimed that his heavy drinking never effected his playing. I think perhaps it might have occasionally. :)
Still an inspiration. The bass line is the only part of Sweet child I like.

Well, after all the ooing & aahing weplayed it 1st encore as originally planned.
what happened ? O ne of the guitarists wanted me to come in with him, but I could only go by the song.
Mr . vocals sang one too many whoas! So that put me outta sync .
Mr guitar fluffed it. I didn't like the indeciseiveness of the others, and think
we should have played the proclaimers 500 miles instead.

I did the intro okay ,and mr drums was fine too. We still got away with it (just!)

I say, if nobody is 100 % ,then don't do it. But who listens to the bassplayer ?? :)