Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn Custom Matamp 4x10 Withdrawn

tayste_2000

So this is the problem when you test stuff for an awesome company you end up buying it, then 6 months later they make something else and you buy that and something becomes redundant.

I started my UK tour out with the Matamp 2x12 think bah this will barely keep up but boy was I wrong, so I now have 3 cabs that can all easily hit my gigging volume, the 2x12 fits in most cars and is an easy lift and the 8x10 is just so awesome i can't let it go so up for sale is my custom Matamp 4x10

These new are £559 and this has a few hard to get parts that they no longer offer as standard.

It features 4 300w (Maybe more) Eminence Drivers so it has a power handling of 1200w, however a 100w tube amp can send it to ear splitting levels.
It's rear ported so generally sounds bigger and bassier than my 8x10
8ohm and 2ohm switch so you can get the most out of those solid state heads that will deliver at that impedance
Laser cut metal grill (Standard is cloth and these require a wait)
I also have a Roqsolid Cover for it that is worth like £40
Red Tolex with Chrome/Stainless Steel Hardware

These pics were done on my camera phone so it's a bit washed out they are far more red than they are pink, very eye catching onstage.

Soundwise it's very loud and quite aggressive but I lent it to Monz last year for a month or 2 while he did motown covers with it and he had no complaints.

This cab is in great condition as I've always tended to take my 8x10 where I could and now the 2x12 for everything else or when we need to reduce weight.

WITHDRAWN

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

Hi Tayste,

I have a Boogie 400+ too and often wonder what the comparison is like with a GT200... Can you let us know when you can?

Cheers,
Jon

edit: Sorry to derail your thread a little, have a bump on me for an awesome cab!

Edited by jonthebass

The 400+ is louder but I think the GT200 is thicker and has a much nicer distortion, not that I've ever got a 400+ to distort (When it does it's preamp distortion so fairly average) I like to think of them as very different sounding amps.

Also when I say the 400+ is louder it's a bit moot as they are both hella loud, just one will make your ears ears bleed slightly more than the other.

Hope this helps

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='813592' date='Apr 21 2010, 11:27 AM']The 400+ is louder but I think the GT200 is thicker and has a much nicer distortion, not that I've ever got a 400+ to distort (When it does it's preamp distortion so fairly average) I like to think of them as very different sounding amps.

Also when I say the 400+ is louder it's a bit moot as they are both hella loud, just one will make your ears ears bleed slightly more than the other.

Hope this helps[/quote]

Yeah I know exactly what you're saying about the 400+.
That ain't helped my GT200 GAS at all as that's what I thought about them!!!

[quote]But then again....if i ran this on its own in bridged mode...... hmmmmmm[/quote]
There's a man struggling with himself right there... go on, go on you know it makes sense :)

Cheers,
Jon

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='813860' date='Apr 21 2010, 03:26 PM']Does the Eden not do 2 ohms?[/quote]
Nah, I've got the 'A' model, which is 4ohm per side in dual mono, or 8ohm bridged.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='813822' date='Apr 21 2010, 02:50 PM']There's a man struggling with himself right there... go on, go on you know it makes sense :)[/quote]

Tell me about it! To afford it at the moment though, will have to get shot of at least one of eden cabs....

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='813896' date='Apr 21 2010, 04:12 PM']Not to make it worse but I'm in Grimsby Thursday and Hull Saturday :)[/quote]

OT, and a slight bump, but what you doing in Grimsby?!! My good (ish) old home town hahah.

If you are playing....tis a shame as I would have come to check you out.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='813890' date='Apr 21 2010, 04:05 PM']Well I just read the specs and that sounds scary at 8 ohms bridged :rolleyes:[/quote]

I know! I'd be giving the guitarist a big FU with that cab haha

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='813896' date='Apr 21 2010, 04:12 PM']Not to make it worse but I'm in Grimsby Thursday and Hull Saturday :)[/quote]

Damn....luckily im away in essex on saturday, and I've uni work to do tomorrow, so that should keep my GAS at bay....for the moment

Hmm pink (:)) wouldn't go with that Orange head (which I still haven't used yet - it would be sacrilege to run it through anything other than an Orange/Matamp cab - I'm thinking of getting a 8/4 ohm switchable 2x12)

Anyway, buy from Steve in complete confidence, what a lovely chap!

• 2 weeks later...