Why become a member? ×

Yoshihiro Naruse (Casiopea) - Tune 8-string bass solo

Stingray5

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='797381' date='Apr 6 2010, 11:54 AM']they're not that cheesy Japanese band who have achieved Level 41.63 are they?[/quote]
These days, they're probably more 42 than 42 are :)

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='797402' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:13 PM']Hasn't Les Claypool been doing stuff like this since forever? :)[/quote]

With half the talent, yes!

This guy is a great player. I like the video on youtube where he shows you some of his bass collection. I'm sure it includes Warwick, Kubicki, Spector etc etc...very good taste!

[quote name='Rich' post='797435' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:37 PM']Uh oh. I hope you're wearing your flameproof underpants. :)[/quote]

I don't think they'll be necessary! I've not seen half the fanboy-ism for Les now that there was 10 or even 5 years ago! He is a talented bassist and very creative aswell, but the Casiopea players are fusion heavyweights, a field I just don't think Les has the talent to play in!

[quote name='51m0n' post='797405' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:14 PM']This guy has been around a lot longer than Les I'm afraid....[/quote]

Not familiar with him I have to say, but I have heard of the group...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='797428' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:32 PM']With half the talent, yes!

This guy is a great player. I like the video on youtube where he shows you some of his bass collection. I'm sure it includes Warwick, Kubicki, Spector etc etc...very good taste![/quote]

I'm sure he is a good player, but talent is subjective at best. One man's meat is another man's gravy as they say :)