Why become a member? ×

Fancy jazzing up your fretboard?

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Rich' post='797316' date='Apr 6 2010, 11:03 AM']I would imagine it probably depends on a few human factors -- how hard you play, how sweaty the bass gets, etc..?[/quote]

I guess you could always replace then periodically - but not sure whether I would go with them myself

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='797898' date='Apr 6 2010, 06:58 PM']I would probably love these if I was 14 and one had a single £100 bass, but I bet they look a bit crap up close.[/quote]

Pretty much what I was thinking. I bet they feel yuk to play over, and some of them don't look straight to me on the pix, which looks uber cheap!

Pass ...

[quote name='Golchen' post='798390' date='Apr 7 2010, 09:41 AM']Pretty much what I was thinking. I bet they feel yuk to play over, and some of them don't look straight to me on the pix, which looks uber cheap!

Pass ...[/quote]

Actually, I have some of these and they are unnoticeable to play over. They are also neat, well cut and straight.... :)

[quote name='cetera' post='798471' date='Apr 7 2010, 10:38 AM']Actually, I have some of these and they are unnoticeable to play over. They are also neat, well cut and straight.... :)[/quote]
Good! Thanks, some rather derogatory remarks on here, clearly not from experience. I'm going to get some for my new acoustic :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='798471' date='Apr 7 2010, 10:38 AM']Actually, I have some of these and they are unnoticeable to play over. They are also neat, well cut and straight.... :)[/quote]

Fair enough! Actually I meant that some of them didn't look like they were put on straight (not cut wonky) - which is up to the 'user', but still potential to look naff.

[quote name='Golchen' post='798603' date='Apr 7 2010, 12:40 PM']Fair enough! Actually I meant that some of them didn't look like they were put on straight (not cut wonky) - which is up to the 'user', but still potential to look naff.[/quote]

Ah, I see :)
Yep, you have to take a [i]little[/i] time to line them up from all angles..... otherwise they [i]will[/i] look wrong!

[quote name='silddx' post='798726' date='Apr 7 2010, 02:20 PM']Just about to order a tree of life. Custom order for $30. They got back to me by email immediately, bodes well for their customer service.[/quote]

Their customer service is EXCELLENT. I received mine within days & because I bought 3 sets he chucked in a free extra set free!

[quote name='cetera' post='798922' date='Apr 7 2010, 04:43 PM']Their customer service is EXCELLENT. I received mine within days & because I bought 3 sets he chucked in a free extra set free![/quote]

Would you be so kind as to show us a pic or two of the finished product on your bass?

Thanks

[quote name='gafbass02' post='799186' date='Apr 7 2010, 08:34 PM']Im a waiting a couple of sets also :-) ill post when i get em, although im impatient and hamfisted so expect wobblage[/quote]

Right, do it like this.

1) Use a straight edge or a long ruler
2) Get yourself a white board marker (those you can wipe off with a soft cloth) and mark an accurate [size=7][b]+[/b][/size] cross over each dot marker
4) You now have a precise reference on which to lay every new decal, make sure you position them geometrically over the cross, stick 'em in place and wipe off the rest of the marker's lines.

Bob's your uncle

Edited by Grand Wazoo