Why become a member? ×

Introduce your band...

pantherairsoft

Hey!!!

Im in a band called Soul Technique. Were soul/funk/hip hop. Were recieving radio play on the Craig Charles Funk And Soul Show, we got radio play in Italy and have just released our EP.

Check us out at www.myspace.com/soultechniqueofficial.

Theres some good sounds on this topic!

Dan

Am in a three piece called Motherless - (altho curently drumerless after fallout!!), based in Coventry (home of The Specials and Clive Owen) :)

A sort of post punk/rocked up sound, we like it to swing. Not so good demos on: www.myspace.com/motherlessmusic

Edited by Jigster

OK, my turn:

I'm in a bog-standard classic rock covers trio called The Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws. We're based in Tavistock, Devon, and play all around this general area (although we have a private gig in Sutton Coldfield in July!).

We are Sam, guitar/lead vox, Glenn, drums, and myself, Den, on the four-banger.

Myspace: [url="http://www.myspace.com/therocknrolloutlaws"]The Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws[/url]

Lemonrock: [url="http://www.lemonrock.com/rocknrolloutlaws"]RRO[/url]

We have landed some really 'nice' gigs lately - Tavistock Civic Ball just gone, and the Kelly College Ball, a local private school.

Having some time off while Sam becomes a Dad, then 12 gigs between 24/4 and 31/5!
Phew!

I'm in a few covers/function bands. All with cringe worth names.

My originals band is Without Warrant. There's a link to our myspace below. We're a 3 piece currently on hold as our singer/guitarist is in the land of Oz. Parts of our songs sound like Reuben, parts like Deftones, parts like Silverchair and parts like Muse. 'An Open Space' and 'A Parting Shot' are my favourite.

Edit:

Only doing this to add an inbound link to my function band site to help with SEO as per OGs website thread

[url="http://www.ladymband.co.uk"]Lady M | Wedding, Party and Functions band | Sussex & South East[/url]

Edited by alexharvay

Managed to creep into a couple of bands recently whilst the bass players where taking a leek!

Gents quartet...... 4 piece (2 guitars, vox & me on Upright) see my link. Jazz outfit playing swing/gypsy/jazz/country swing.

Hollywood Killers....complete opposite of above. Pop/punky/psychedelic, all originals. P bass slung low! Again see link below. Gig tomorrow night Exchange in Sturminster Newton.

8 piece function band called (embarrassingly) "cause for Concern"...although I did notice the name is used elsewhere by an all female band.
Play the Young Farmers circuit in Dorset & Somerset. Playing usual wedding "fare" with my 5 string placed a little higher for added sophistication.
This lot have no idea how to post up a web site, but get enough work to keep the bookings and money coming in.

Occasionally play in a funk/disco band called Groovetube based in Dorset that have been going for 10 years, but they play so few gigs these days as everyone's too busy playing proper gigs now. (next one's in June!)
Anyway there's another band with the same name in Cambridge. Play my 5 string in this too, slightly higher again, for added effect.

Hoping that none of the above bands notice that the bass player is now 6' 4" and doesn't seem to know any of the tunes and plays everything in E.....think I've got away with it so far.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='794523' date='Apr 2 2010, 06:28 PM']I'm in a few covers/function bands. All with cringe worth names.

My originals band is Without Warrant. There's a link to our myspace below. We're a 3 piece currently on hold as our singer/guitarist is in the land of Oz. Parts of our songs sound like Reuben, parts like Deftones, parts like Silverchair and parts like Muse. 'An Open Space' and 'A Parting Shot' are my favourite.[/quote]

Really liking the stuff dude! Agree with A Parting Shot being a good track (Cool bass sound!). I hear lots of Sinch and Chevelle in the sound, particuarly the guitar work, which is no bad thing!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='794564' date='Apr 2 2010, 07:19 PM']Ha. usually the way. More Sinch than Chevelle… All good though. 2 of my Fav's[/quote]

Yeah I can see what you mean. Thanks for the nice comment as well. I think Reuben is our biggest influence, in all but vocal style.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='794571' date='Apr 2 2010, 07:29 PM']Yeah I can see what you mean. Thanks for the nice comment as well. I think Reuben is our biggest influence, in all but vocal style.[/quote]

I supported Reuben a few years ago. My only gig on the main stage at Nottingham Rock City. Was my old band (Sideshow), then Capdown, then Reuben. Was a good night!

[quote name='tombboy' post='794437' date='Apr 2 2010, 04:41 PM']My band are called The LOOP - three piece set-up bass, drums and guitar/vocal.

We only play originals and can best be described as 'Hard Mod'. Think The Jam, but with more overdrive!! Martin (guitarist/singer/writer) just seems to have a knack of pulling out (IMO) great melodies and lyrics about life experiences and everyday situations. The songs are a joy to play!

A couple of albums (self recorded and produced) available on I-tunes and busy writing/demo-ing the third as I type.

Live wise, we have just got our foot in the door with the 'Scooter' scene, which is a notoriously hard thing to achieve so we are looking to capitalise on that as much as we can. Memorable gigs so far have been supporting Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler on the 2008 From The Jam tour and some ripping gigs in the capital.

Anyway, myspace link [url="http://www.myspace.com/loopland"]here[/url].

Enjoy!! :)[/quote]
Absolutely brilliant stuff!

Hi,I am Lee from Orchid Thieves.
We are a six-piece from Surrey and East Sussex playing original rock/pop stuff with a bit of
funk and ska chucked in now and then.
We have just finished our EP(Head Down)and put it on i-tunes.
[attachment=46277:ot_7156.jpg]
From left to right;Me,Rhiannon(vocals),Mike(drums),John(guitar,keyboard,backing vocals),Hilary(saxophone,keyboards,backing vocals),Niall(guitars).
Highlights;Our first gig at The Prince Albert in Brighton.Hot,sweaty,packed,and a great sound.Every gig since has been great fun due to good soundmen,great venues in and around Brighton,and fantastic bands we've shared stages with(Take a bow The Deadlines and The Hi-Sides,to name just two.).
Low points;The Water Rats in Kings Cross.A perfect example of sh*t PA,an obnoxious promoter,and an area of London that needs bulldozing flat!One of the support bands
had a guitar player who could'nt tune up properly,the house amp was a small Trace combo that was gutless,and the promoter insulted our singer.But,that's the only duff
night we've had so far.

A while ago I started writing lyrics and music for myself, for a personal project if anything. My friend came up with a band name which is just perfect, and I think when I've got an EP released I'm gonna get a band together.

Post-rock, doom metal, sludge, jazz, greasy sleazy funk are just a few of the inspirations being brought forward...

Godspeed....

[size=7][b]REXASUL[/b][/size]!!!

This is a good idea!

I'm in a band doing covers of various artists ranging from Stevie Wonder to The Kings of Leon. Here's our website: www.hennessyuk.com

It's a four piece based in the Frimley / Basingstoke / Reading area - Shaun on vocals / guitar / harmonica; Mark B on guitar & backing vocals, Mark T on drums & yours truly on bass. We've been together for nearly a year & are gigging fairly regularly, which is always good....

Check our website out & let me know what you think, good or bad!

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

Edited by iamthewalrus

My name is Skott Devall and I'm the bassist of a Stafford/Stoke based new-wave/indie band called[url="http://www.myspace.com/honeymoonfresh"] [size=4][b]Honeymoon Fresh[/b][/size][/url]

[i]We were formed as a four piece in 2008 playing neo-folk sounding like songs for a mobile phone ad (Listen to the song 'Nothing'). We shook off the stigma of this new-found scene and recruited drummer Ed Cracknell in early 2009. This gave the freshers the impetus to start taking themselves and their music seriously. Their songs once driven along by their catchy, sunny melodies, are now intertwined with an edgier, tell-it-like-it-is manifestation.
Honeymoon Fresh are now playing the music that they enjoy playing, without pretense. Theirs' is a sound very much their own, with hints of the music that they love & cherish."[/i]

Our influences include: New Order, Joy Division, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, Talking Heads (etc... etc...)

The songs on our MySpace are a bit older/unmixed/demos so new ones will be available soon, so don't be too harsh on the quality! :)

Edited by Rosh

my main band for the past couple of years has been [url="http://www.myspace.com/blaqrainband/"]blaq rain[/url]. we're a nottinghmshire based pop-punk band, aged 14-17, been together two or three years now, done a fair few gigs. we're currently looking for a singer though so we're out of action.

however me and my brother have got an acoustic project we're doing, just as a sort of mess around. i'm playing guitar and bass, my brothers playing drums, piano and singing (although i sing on one song i actually wrote and recorded my parts to tonight, at least until my brother gets back from his holiday!). we don't have a myspace or anything, but personally i much prefer the stuff that me and my brother do in this project than in our main band. we're also talking about, once we have a few good songs fully written, finding a bass player and drummer, and doing some gigs, with me on guitar and my brother on keyboard (we'd have to buy a portable one though) and singing.

anyway, at the moment this acoustic project has got three and a half songs recorded (like i said, in this new song i've done my bit, just got to wait for my brother to get back, see if he wants to add any piano or replace my vocals). i might set up a myspace later and put a link up, because i'd really be interested in peoples opinions on that.

of course, opinions on my pop-punk band are also welcome!

Edited by Tait

if anyone was interested, here's that acoustic thing me and my brother are doing -

[url="http://www.myspace.com/lukeandandrewtait"]Acoustic Stuff[/url]

i've whacked up an old picture of me and my brother from a previous band we were in (i'm the short one on the left!), and the four songs we have recorded. barrel of a revolver is the one i did today.

let me know what you think!

Hi guys. My name is Colin and I have to say, this s great thread so far, some really cool stuff!

Ok, so the band I´m currently playing with is called CO2 (hate the name, as do all of us now :) )
We are a 4 (soon to be 5) piece Rock band.
We don´t have a specifc genre-there are some acoustic-led tracks, some garage rock/punk, metal and even disco type songs too.
The band consists of 2 girls-Vox & Acoustic gtr, Harmony vox & Lead gtr and 2 guys-me on bass and bk vox and a very talented drummer.
We´ve been together just over a year now.
We have done a few recording sessions here and there, released an E.P. and are currently in the early stages of recording our first full length album, hoping to have it done by early September of this year.
We are about to add a second guitarist (a mate of mine from a punk band I was in in last year) to fill out live performances a bit more.
Anyways, enough of the jibber-jabber
Find us on Myspace and let me know what ye think :
[url="http://www.myspace.com/co2live"]Co2[/url]

Edited by basshead56

i play in my brothers band Raven Vandelle

weve done some cool things and have some cooler things coming up this summer in europe..

This next week,our album will be mixed and then onto mastering...

hoping for release in september...

www.myspace.com/ravenvandelle

I am loving this thread. Got to say the talent in these 3 pages has put me to shame but Im in all the same. I play bass with Groove Connection, a 5 sometimes 6 piece Soul/Funk/Motown covers band based in and around the Bracknell/Basingstoke/Reading/Guildford area. We gig the pubs and clubs around the M4 corridor. Ive been with them for nearly a year now. Our Myspace is not too accomplished at the minute and our demos are protools not studio, but we can put a groove out ,have a blast and we always get re booked. [url="http://www.myspace.com/grooveconnectionpartyband"]http://www.myspace.com/grooveconnectionpartyband[/url].