Why become a member? ×

Holy crap how cool is this..

Sarah5string

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='792957' date='Apr 1 2010, 08:20 AM']Are you referring to my beloved Sinsonido? A pox on you, sire!

S.P.[/quote]

Hah. Sir...I eat pox for breakfast! :)

But seriously, I tried two that were in the Bass Centre a few years back and they lacked sustain because the body wasn't rigid enough. Yours may be completely different for all I know, though.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='793469' date='Apr 1 2010, 04:42 PM']Hah. Sir...I eat pox for breakfast! :)

But seriously, I tried two that were in the Bass Centre a few years back and they lacked sustain because the body wasn't rigid enough. Yours may be completely different for all I know, though.[/quote]

Nope, I'd say that's a fair assessment. But complaining about a Sinsonido's lack of sustain is like complaining about the fact that you can't fit your drumkit on the back of a bicycle. If you need something that you can fit on the back of a bicycle, then don't buy a drumkit. And if you need bags of sustain all the time, then don't buy a Sinsonido. I don't use mine in all situations, but it's definitely got a place in my life.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

There are variations of guitars like this dotted all over eBay. This is a Roberts model:

In defence of the Sinsonido, it is a superb travel bass, but you'd never really use it for any other purpose in my experience..... The Roberts and Skylark look like they'd suffer serious neck dive due to the large headstocks and comparatively light bodies.

• 3 months later...