Why become a member? ×

New MusicMan Model...

Duarte

[quote name='throwoff' post='791597' date='Mar 31 2010, 09:56 AM']Having not held one and looked down on it I do wonder how easy it is to see what switches are where when holding it.
Although I'm sure you would probably learn the sounds over time and know exactly what was where.[/quote]

Yes matey, they're very easy to see (the buttons) on the HSS model which I have it's even more simple as you have a single in the neck pos, one single in the middle and the h/bucker in the bridge pos and intuitively each pickup has a button. however when all 3 are in the up pos the humbucker is wired in series and the last button switches between passi and active, when passive is on the 4 bands eq is idle but the tone control knob takes care of providing a very nice progressive and smooth roll on roll off of the frequencies. I recommend you try one, I don't buy junk just for the name of it or looks, I really tested it and tried before I fell in love with it.

With that one bass I can get and incredible array of similar sounds to: Pbass / Jbass, Rickenbacker / and even an Alembic tone with the 2 singles in active parallel mode. It's a sweet sweet bass. If you are going to the london bash you are welcome to try it as well as anyone else attending.

[quote name='Duarte' post='790872' date='Mar 30 2010, 06:00 PM']Okay, it's pretty much a 25th anniversary bass, but the version that is here to stay.

I can't say that I don't want one. I really really do.

[/quote]

Or get a Bongo lol.

Isnt that the Randy Jackson model? I quite like it but we already have stage lights so i dont think i would need this colour.

A fella is going to have to have (or "of to of" if you're a "new illiterate" ) very long arms to play down in the first three frets on that Reflex. I played a "25th" while seated and it was nice but remember thinking that it wouldn't hang well with that stunted horn. Probably a very good studio bass but the knobs and way it hangs on the strap would put me off ever gigging one.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='791506' date='Mar 31 2010, 08:14 AM']AND??

small list of examples follows:

[b]INSTRUMENTS WHAT LOOK LIKE A BIT LIKE A JAZZ / PRECISION BASS:
[size=3]ESP
FERNANDEZ
LAKLAND
PEAVEY
YAMAHA
IBANEZ
PENSA SUHR
JACKSON
CHARVEL
SQUIER (LICENSED COPY)
AND LOADS MORE[/size]....[/b][/quote]

might I point out that the reason most things look a bit like a fender is because they are very balanced and playable, the reason basses don't look like les pauls is IMO because les pauls play like tea crates, are ridiculously heavey and when sporting a 34" scale tend to be very neck heavy.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='791870' date='Mar 31 2010, 01:34 PM']Isnt that the Randy Jackson model? I quite like it but we already have stage lights so i dont think i would need this colour.[/quote]
It is. He has a history of garish and hideous finishes on his basses, I don't think MM will ever offer this colour as a standard one.

Personally, I friggin' love orange basses, and this one looks like a winner.

[quote name='Duarte' post='790872' date='Mar 30 2010, 06:00 PM']Okay, it's pretty much a 25th anniversary bass, but the version that is here to stay.

I can't say that I don't want one. I really really do.

[/quote]
EEEEWWWWWHHHHH!!!!!
nasty bass... and not in the Alexander O'neil sense "nasty"

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='793333' date='Apr 1 2010, 02:11 PM']Well to me the orange colour does nothing so I agree on that point but before everyone here discounts the 25th or the equivalent Reflex I suggest you remove your Fender blinkers and go try one.

Then come back and apologize.

I own Fender basses too so I am not biased[/quote]
+1
Tried a 25th and serious Gas!!!