Why become a member? ×

Kent Armstrong Pickups

silentbob

There are different types - the WD ones are Korean (?) made to Kent's design, but both Kent and son Aaron make "bespoke" pickups in many many different styles.

I've used all variations - all good, although the WD ones haven't got the "finess" of more pricey versions.

[quote name='lozbass' post='763882' date='Mar 4 2010, 01:16 PM']I've had quite a few and have been impressed with all (various configurations/types but all KA rather than WD). Prices are decent too. A good alternative - and another custom wind option - is Wizard[/quote]
+1.

I believe Andy Wizard was , to all intents and purposes, Kent Armstrong in the UK.

I use KA in a bass and have had various before.

What I like about them is that you can get custom winds, if you know what sort of sound you are looking for

One tip I adhere to.. more winds may mean more oomph, but then can over-power the character of the sound.
So less winds, by far and a thicker wire would be my starting point.

But you can talk it over with them and they'll do it, IME

[quote name='silentbob' post='759623' date='Feb 28 2010, 10:28 AM']Hi, just wondered if anybody had any experience of these pups.[/quote]
the kent armstrong pups are blinding, I put them in most of mine ,high output vintage jazz are excellent as are there stingray humbuckers they are more like the original ernie ball ones in sound