Why become a member? ×

my t-bird won't fly any ideas before i burn it

hagguy

i have an epiphone non reverse t-bird 5 string tried to swap it
tried to sell it but just won't shift. got it in a swap a
few years ago for an esp horizon 5 and ive regretted it ever
since some advice on what to do would be great as im lost
and can't bear it sitting in the box in my room anymore

[quote name='d-basser' post='755527' date='Feb 23 2010, 09:23 PM']i'll have it if you are going to burn it, can trade you an acoustic bass :lol:[/quote]

at least i got some use from that acoustic had a guy trying to swap me
two watches and a sat nav on preloved couldnt make that sh*t up i dont even drive :) :rolleyes:

We'd need to see condition, where you advertised it (just on here or EBay too?) and whether it was realistically priced. I find loads of good quality pictures mixed with a fair but upbeat appraisal and a decent price will shift pretty much any gear. I suspect the main reason why it hasn't sold is because you've not maximised the sale's full potential in some way. Difficult to nail it without more info

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='755646' date='Feb 23 2010, 11:10 PM']We'd need to see condition, where you advertised it (just on here or EBay too?) and whether it was realistically priced. I find loads of good quality pictures mixed with a fair but upbeat appraisal and a decent price will shift pretty much any gear. I suspect the main reason why it hasn't sold is because you've not maximised the sale's full potential in some way. Difficult to nail it without more info[/quote]

ive had it on here for a while valueing its a problem. i know what it owes me
but couldnt ask for that would be laffed of the forum and there isnt many about to get a rough idea
of a price range. dont think it would sell on ebay tbh not the most desirable bass in the world bit of
an aquired taste a reverse headstock five with pj pickups and a funny shape body

[quote name='hagguy' post='756467' date='Feb 24 2010, 08:36 PM']ive had it on here for a while valueing its a problem. i know what it owes me
but couldnt ask for that would be laffed of the forum and there isnt many about to get a rough idea
of a price range. dont think it would sell on ebay tbh not the most desirable bass in the world bit of
an aquired taste a reverse headstock five with pj pickups and a funny shape body[/quote]

I don't think you've quite got hold of the 'fair but upbeat appraisal' bit yet. :rolleyes:

You might not think much of it, but others may love the look. :)

[quote name='Musky' post='756496' date='Feb 24 2010, 09:04 PM']I don't think you've quite got hold of the 'fair but upbeat appraisal' bit yet. :rolleyes:

You might not think much of it, but others may love the look. :)[/quote]

I did a little search, and folks on talkbass were swooning over the idea of a non reverse 5 string t-bird a few years back!
Admittedly it's a little unusual, and a bit of a marmite one, but i believe very few were shipped to the uk, probably costed several hundred pounds when new in the early 90's

[quote name='Musky' post='756496' date='Feb 24 2010, 09:04 PM']I don't think you've quite got hold of the 'fair but upbeat appraisal' bit yet. :rolleyes:

You might not think much of it, but others may love the look. :)[/quote]

think your right man, doesnt flick my switch but no doubt someone will love
them maybe try evilbay with a resevre or something maybe i'm being harsh and ive not gave it
a chance

[quote name='razze06' post='756516' date='Feb 24 2010, 09:21 PM']I did a little search, and folks on talkbass were swooning over the idea of a non reverse 5 string t-bird a few years back!
Admittedly it's a little unusual, and a bit of a marmite one, but i believe very few were shipped to the uk, probably costed several hundred pounds when new in the early 90's[/quote]

if only it was the early nineties :lol: never looked on talkbass is that an american site?
i've had a mail bout a possible part x so fingers crossed it will take flight to bug someone else :) :rolleyes:

I agree with the above comments. The pics are good (not great but they show it for what it is). There absolutely will be somebody who would kill for this bass. I like the reverse body personally but I'm put off by the 5 string factor. Other people will be the opposite, some will not like anything about it and some will really go for it. I think EBay is the way forward.

Some stuff moves quickly on Basschat, other stuff takes a while. Good luck with it

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='756663' date='Feb 25 2010, 12:26 AM']I agree with the above comments. The pics are good (not great but they show it for what it is). There absolutely will be somebody who would kill for this bass. I like the reverse body personally but I'm put off by the 5 string factor. Other people will be the opposite, some will not like anything about it and some will really go for it. I think EBay is the way forward.

Some stuff moves quickly on Basschat, other stuff takes a while. Good luck with it[/quote]

looks like i've got it shifted for a highway one jazz havin to stick in a couple
of quid in but think its an ok deal for a year old jazz

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='760566' date='Mar 1 2010, 11:31 AM']Sounds like a great deal to me, well done! For the record, I thoguht your T-Bird was damn sexy.[/quote]

quite pleased myself tbh the jazz arrives tomorrow so hopefully
it as good as i think it should be. i was being really hard on the t-bird
it wasnt that bad and its went to someone who will appreciate it
i really hate gear i cant get any use from bugs me bigtime can only
blame myself for that tho :) :rolleyes:

[quote name='hagguy' post='760971' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:26 PM']quite pleased myself tbh the jazz arrives tomorrow so hopefully
it as good as i think it should be. i was being really hard on the t-bird
it wasnt that bad and its went to someone who will appreciate it
i really hate gear i cant get any use from bugs me bigtime can only
blame myself for that tho :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

I had a HW1 jazz and it was fantastic. I got rid of mine in a swap recently and while im happy with what i got i find im really missing it.
To me it was better than the Lakland DJ5 i had.
The necks are really nice. I had that neck on two other P basses in the time i had the Jazz.

Good luck with yours, im sure you will love it, well, you will more than the T-bird so at least its a positive move.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='guzzibass' post='787336' date='Mar 26 2010, 07:03 PM']Couldn't resisit - I've been gigging with the aforementioned 'bird and lovin' it!!!

[/quote]

im really glad your enjoying it man, and taking it to it's full potential
i honestly hated it and i managed to get the bass that i swapped for it back,
minus a severe amount of cash, the jazz i got from you lasted about a week
and got traded a very good bass just not my thing tbh, hope things are well with you and all the best with
bird and your band hit me a pm with your band really like to hear what your playing, kudos to the photographer
btw that's a great pic :)