Why become a member? ×

Bergantino rigs

Plux_the_Duck

if you like it with 500 watts from the LM3, try putting 1000 watts up it... crikey!

[quote name='sk8' post='830338' date='May 7 2010, 08:52 AM']i tried the the NV412 at practice volumes last night. Truly awesome. What a fantastic sound. Tonal nirvana for me with my LM3.[/quote]

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Platypus' post='858733' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:23 AM']Just lifted this photo off TalkBass - seems there will be a Berg AE212 4 ohm, cab out soon ..[/quote]

Why do they do this to me? Arghhhh.

Mark at BassDirect has all the details up:
Bergantino AE212 - £829
Based on the hugely successful AE112 this vertically oriented cabinet is designed as a one cab solution for those looking for a big sound with low weight. With sparkling high end details, plenty of mid-range energy and deep low end the AE212 will deliver a huge sound in a relatively compact and easy to move cabinet. Utilising Bergantino own custom Neodymium drivers you can expect to achieve effortless and controlled sound at any volume. We suggest using a minimum of a 500w at 4ohm amp but this cab will thrive on amps of up to 1000w. Stack a second cab on top for a really massive sound where appropriate.

New for 2010!
Model AE212 specifications:
•2 x 12" Custom Neodymium drivers with 7 oz magnets
•high intelligibility 1" tweeter
•custom phase - coherent crossover with tweeter level control
•power handling - 600 watts rms
•frequency response: 40hz - 18khz
•sensitivity: tbc db @ 1 Watt/1 meter
•2 x 1/4" and 2 x neutrik connectors
•impedance: 4ohms
•dimensions: 31"H x 18-1/2"W x 15"D
•78cm x 47cm x 38cm
•weight: 55lbs/25 Kgs
•This cab works well with high power amplifiers from 500 - 1000w at 4Ω

[quote name='Platypus' post='858752' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:45 AM']Mark at BassDirect has all the details up:
Bergantino AE212 - £829
Based on the hugely successful AE112 this vertically oriented cabinet is designed as a one cab solution for those looking for a big sound with low weight. With sparkling high end details, plenty of mid-range energy and deep low end the AE212 will deliver a huge sound in a relatively compact and easy to move cabinet. Utilising Bergantino own custom Neodymium drivers you can expect to achieve effortless and controlled sound at any volume. We suggest using a minimum of a 500w at 4ohm amp but this cab will thrive on amps of up to 1000w. Stack a second cab on top for a really massive sound where appropriate.

New for 2010!
•78cm x 47cm x 38cm
•This cab works well with high power amplifiers from 500 - 1000w at 4Ω[/quote]

This cab looks excellent, and Id like one. Buttt, the weight/size factor for me is making me second think it. I wanted this to be super portable and lighter than my RS212 and it isnt....damn! I suppose it will sound awesome though.

Back to the drawing board. MBass NY122 4 Ohm might be the answer.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='bubinga5' post='830143' date='May 6 2010, 10:40 PM']Chris you got the same rig as mine and it kicks asss...lovely warmth and punch.....is Bergantino THAT good?[/quote]

In a word, YES!

Really, I've tried all sorts of bits and bobs up against Berg cabs, and Berg is just a little bit better IMO to my ears than all the rest.

It is true that you need to pick the right Berg cab for you and your personal tone/situation, thats why there is more than one cab in the range, but it will sound better than the equivalent competition in almost all cases.

I await the flood of responses to the contrary....

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='859249' date='Jun 6 2010, 08:10 PM']Looks like a LOVELY cab, but my days of using cabs that go no higher than waist-height are over... until I get a pair of ears grafted onto my backside. :)

AE210s are still VERY tempting...[/quote]

You could go the easy route and just lop your legs off, a single 212 or 210 would be fine then....

[quote name='Platypus' post='858752' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:45 AM']Mark at BassDirect has all the details up:
Bergantino AE212 - £829

New for 2010!
•78cm x 47cm x 38cm
•This cab works well with high power amplifiers from 500 - 1000w at 4Ω[/quote]

Ah - the secret is out, this is a cab I have asking to be made for a while now and Jim Bergantino seems to have got it right. I have yet to hear the cab, however I am sure it will be the biz as all of these cabs are all road tested through some shops and users before they get the okay.

Stocks should be arriving at the end of the Summer and will be in 4Ω only. We toyed with using a "kick up" stand but this seemed a little unstable, however those who use these cabs are aware of how "transparent" the sound is even off axis so intelligibility is always first class.

Regards

Mark

PS - There is another very cool Bergantino cab coming out soon......

[quote name='poptart' post='861481' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:08 PM']Ah - the secret is out, this is a cab I have asking to be made for a while now and Jim Bergantino seems to have got it right. I have yet to hear the cab, however I am sure it will be the biz as all of these cabs are all road tested through some shops and users before they get the okay.

Stocks should be arriving at the end of the Summer and will be in 4Ω only. We toyed with using a "kick up" stand but this seemed a little unstable, however those who use these cabs are aware of how "transparent" the sound is even off axis so intelligibility is always first class.

Regards

Mark

[b]PS - There is another very cool Bergantino cab coming out soon......[/b][/quote]

Oh man, give over!!!! Now I am going to have to pester you for clues :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='861538' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:45 PM']I'm guessing something with a 15...

Either that or a start to a new range.

Or, possibly another type of 2x12.[/quote]

Nope - no 15's in this cab, let's just say it is "compact and bijoux" ;-D

Mark

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='861691' date='Jun 9 2010, 12:18 AM']Hmm.. I was *toying* with going down the AE210 route at some point.

I may have to hang on now...[/quote]

You have the HS210s, now a pair of these will give you a tight low end response similar to that os the selaed NV610 (not quite the same though) where as the AE210 and the AE410 have extended low end response and slightly more aggressive mid range compared to the smooth mid range from the ceramic loaded HS cabs.

Mark

[quote name='poptart' post='861916' date='Jun 9 2010, 11:13 AM']You have the HS210s, now a pair of these will give you a tight low end response similar to that os the selaed NV610 (not quite the same though) where as the AE210 and the AE410 have extended low end response and slightly more aggressive mid range compared to the smooth mid range from the ceramic loaded HS cabs.

Mark[/quote]
Cheers, Mark

I'd love to try the AEs to see if I get on with their tone. I suspect I'll prefer the HS's, but the idea of slightly lighter cabs is very appealing..!

But until I can try them, I'm trying to sit on my hands....

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='861933' date='Jun 9 2010, 11:27 AM']Cheers, Mark

I'd love to try the AEs to see if I get on with their tone. I suspect I'll prefer the HS's, but the idea of slightly lighter cabs is very appealing..!

But until I can try them, I'm trying to sit on my hands....[/quote]

I know what you mean, t for old school blues/rock etc I think the HS210 nail it, add the RH450 you have and you have an ideal rig for the 4 string Fender/Old school vibe IMHO.

The weight saving is cool, but the tone is the most important part and the HS210 are so compact that I don't think that the weight saving is so important, I always try to sell the cabs on their tone.

Mark

[quote name='poptart' post='861543' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:49 PM']Nope - no 15's in this cab, let's just say it is "compact and bijoux" ;-D

Mark[/quote]
Hello :)

Sinlge ten?

Edited by sk8

[quote name='poptart' post='862529' date='Jun 9 2010, 07:28 PM']Close but no banana!

If I told I would have to kill you.......under wraps, all will be revealed soon enough ;-)

Mark[/quote]hmm, can i have an orange instead?!!!