Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Bass sub forum...

Noisyjon

[quote name='jonthebass' post='702879' date='Jan 6 2010, 02:31 PM']Is everything OK over there?
Anyone know?

Regards,
A curious Jon.[/quote]

Alex has posted a message in his sticky at the top of the forum
[quote]This post has been edited by alexclaber: Today, 01:17 PM
Reason for edit: Forum is now closed to free posting. New questions sent via pm/email will be posted and then answered here for all to read.[/quote]

The moderation team are not aware of this decision.

Must admit, I don't think it looks good....on the face of it.

But then again, I don't tend to post there as I don't think a comment of mine..if it is within the Site rules ...should be able to be
edited/amended/deleted just because it may not adhere to a sponsor's line.
I will post my thoughts here out in the open (ie, not in affliates ) and take my chances with the Global Mods who I think would/should be impartial to all...

If you read the sticky Alex posted it's because he's getting busy and does not want to spend time on forums and by the looks of it, non Bareface topics. If you need him, contact him directly.

Which is fair enough for someone who is running a business producing products and is very much hands on.

[quote name='Buzz' post='703005' date='Jan 6 2010, 04:03 PM']If you read the sticky Alex posted it's because he's getting busy and does not want to spend time on forums and by the looks of it, non Bareface topics. If you need him, contact him directly.

Which is fair enough for someone who is running a business producing products and is very much hands on.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out :)

I do hope its a time management decision (which is looking ever more likely) than a motivational one.

[quote name='Wil' post='702926' date='Jan 6 2010, 03:12 PM']Well, it's not a forum anymore in that case, for starters![/quote]
I wish Alex every success with his business [b]but[/b] I have to agree with this, it's not a [i]forum [/i]if people can't [i]actively [/i]participate.

Granted Alex says he'll still take Q's on any subject via PM or direct email to Barefaced but surely that's not in the spirit of Basschat, it's just using Basschat as a means of contact rather than as a [b]forum[/b]. There's even a risk that the answers he posts to PM'd questions could be seen as one-sided or even self-promotional, again not in the spirit of the forum especially if there's no option for people to post their own views. Just saying. Maybe his section should now be moved to a subforum in the "Basschat Affiliates" section, or even the "Affiliates market" section which is described as being for "Small companies wishing to promote their wares may do so here free of charge..."

As it stands, Alex's forum is the only one on BC which can't be used as a forum...

I'm quite surprised the mods weren't informed beforehand too, I presume there's one or two discussions behind the scenes at the mo'.

I assume Alex has good reason for doing what he has done however it may be a shortsighted way of saving himself time as the whole issue of the Barefaced cabs that are on tour will become a logistical nightmare to correlate. At least when the threads were open, it was possible for BCers to discuss where/when it was moving!

Just making an observation as it makes no difference to me. :)