Why become a member? ×

My Lovely Children ..

xilddx

I sometimes just stand there with a glass of chilled white wine and a ciggie, and stare at them with dewey eyes. Sad isn't it :)

Don't have a favourite as such, it depends how I'm feeling and which band I'm concentrating on at the time, the Steiny is a hell of a laugh at gigs. I can't wait to gig the Wilkins Jazz on the 21st Jan though, got a nice headline show at Passing Clouds in Dalston with Doreen. The Wilkins is a beauty, I've put up a pic of the blocks, just for Gareth :lol: :rolleyes:

Cheers all :)

Yes, I have seven anuses arranged very carefully, and I love Hillage (is that bad :rolleyes:) and I finally got to chat to him, after 30 years of being a devotee, in the party after the London gig in November, really cool bloke and he told me he goes fishing in the same places I do on the Kennet. He's the last remaining hippie don't you know!

[quote name='silddx' post='702116' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:58 PM']Cheers all :)

Yes, I have seven anuses arranged very carefully, and I love Hillage (is that bad :rolleyes:) and I finally got to chat to him, after 30 years of being a devotee, in the party after the London gig in November, really cool bloke and he told me he goes fishing in the same places I do on the Kennet. He's the last remaining hippie don't you know![/quote]
Great collection Nig!

The room looks cool too and your choice of album covers is fabulous.. Are you also a Kraftwerk fan like me, or do you just like the album artwork?

I remember seeing Steve Hillage at the Queen free Hyde Park Concert in 1976.. And I once had a huge row with him in a rehearsal studio in Holloway Rd about 8 years later, but that's another story!!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='702132' date='Jan 5 2010, 09:07 PM']Great collection Nig!

The room looks cool too and your choice of album covers is fabulous.. Are you also a Kraftwerk fan like me, or do you just like the album artwork?

I remember seeing Steve Hillage at the Queen free Hyde Park Concert in 1976.. And I once had a huge row with him in a rehearsal studio in Holloway Rd about 8 years later, but that's another story!![/quote]

Thanks very much Nik. Half of those covers are Mrs silddx's, Kraftwerk is hers, Mine seem to be all prog rock and hippie things. They're all real covers. I wish I'd been at that Hyde Park show!

I would love to hear the Hillage story! He seems like a very opinionated and forthright bloke, I wonder sometimes if he believes/ed all that stuff his lyrics are about :)

OK, hands up! I saw Hillage on the Green tour at the Rainbow in c.1979/80, can't remember exactly when (seems appropriate given the ganja haze at the gig). Awesome guitarist but preferred his earlier stuff - how do you think I spotted the album cover? :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='702151' date='Jan 5 2010, 09:20 PM']OK, hands up! I saw Hillage on the Green tour at the Rainbow in c.1979/80, can't remember exactly when (seems appropriate given the ganja haze at the gig). Awesome guitarist but preferred his earlier stuff - how do you think I spotted the album cover? :)[/quote]
Mate, I so wish I was there, I read so much about the Rainbow, I was so jealous stuck in shithole Coventry and not seeing my heroes.

Gotta say the Wilkins does it for me too (not that the others don't! :) ).
Spotted the albums too, including Hillage. (Mentioned in a thread elsewhere previously) I saw Gong in Hyde Park in 70-something.
Caravan were also on the bill. Can't remember who else now; it was Gong and Caravan I was mainly going to see. Awesome day.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='702356' date='Jan 6 2010, 12:25 AM']Gotta say the Wilkins does it for me too (not that the others don't! :) ).
Spotted the albums too, including Hillage. (Mentioned in a thread elsewhere previously) I saw Gong in Hyde Park in 70-something.
Caravan were also on the bill. Can't remember who else now; it was Gong and Caravan I was mainly going to see. Awesome day.[/quote]
Ooh look, we joined BC on the same day me and thee!

I really miss those free festivals - I used to play quite a few in Wales in the '80s. I think I've only paid to go to a festival once and that was the Lovebox three years ago to see the B-52s. Otherwise, I've either been playing them or they've been free anyway.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='702771' date='Jan 6 2010, 01:07 PM']Nice lot.

Where did you get the record frames BTW?
P[/quote]
Thanks gents.

The frames are from a shop called TIGER in Ealing Broadway, it's like a tiny IKEA. £4 each. We have 28 of them up there.

[quote name='silddx' post='702505' date='Jan 6 2010, 09:55 AM']Ooh look, we joined BC on the same day me and thee!

I really miss those free festivals - I used to play quite a few in Wales in the '80s. I think I've only paid to go to a festival once and that was the Lovebox three years ago to see the B-52s. Otherwise, I've either been playing them or they've been free anyway.[/quote]
Ha, so we did! Maybe we should start a club! :rolleyes:
I've played a few festivals myself (UK and abroad) but don't really go anymore - at least, not as a member of the audience (not unless they supply armchairs, slippers and a sweet trolley! :) ).
Having said that, I may be hangin' around at the High Voltage Festival in July (ELP, ZZ Top, Asia, Marillion, etc).

[quote name='silddx' post='702146' date='Jan 5 2010, 09:18 PM']Thanks very much Nik. Half of those covers are Mrs silddx's, Kraftwerk is hers, Mine seem to be all prog rock and hippie things. They're all real covers. I wish I'd been at that Hyde Park show!

I would love to hear the Hillage story! He seems like a very opinionated and forthright bloke, I wonder sometimes if he believes/ed all that stuff his lyrics are about :)[/quote]
She has good taste does Mrs silddx! Not that you don't mind....

That was an amazing gig.. Amongst many others I remember that Hillage was on the bill and Kiki Dee IIRC? Queen were absolutely amazing that night!

Ok, I know it's off-topic but the Hillage story is that he was producing a band called 'Yes Lets' and they were using Studio 1 at this rehearsal room for all their pre-production. Hillage had ALL his gear in there and the room was jam-packed. It was booked for 3 weeks straight and my band was due in the following Monday to start rehearsals for going on tour in Europe. So, we all walk in with our gear first thing on the Monday morning and guess what - he's still in there with all his bloody gear! So he and I had a huge screaming match.. The people who owned the studio and the indie label we were signed to, had to intervene and calm everything down..

We didn't get in there for 2 more days and our rehearsals for the tour were completely screwed up! As a result, Mr Hillage has never been on my Xmas Card list as I'm sure you can imagine. :rolleyes:

Talented barsteward though...

Great selection of instruments.
I've got to be honest I have never seen the Steinberger before, I mean one like it. Wasn't even aware such a double existed.
The Wilkins is very nice.
For me though that white corvette is sublime. Ever since you did the paint job on it, great looking bass.
May you be very proud of your 'children'.

[quote name='silddx' post='703487' date='Jan 6 2010, 09:20 PM']Hey, thank you chaps, think the white Corvette is winning with the Wilkins a close second.

Nik, wish I'd have known that before I met Mr Hillside, I may have reminded him :)

And, er, told you didn't I ..[/quote]
:rolleyes:

Great pic Nig, and has to become the official photo of the 'Basschatters (who love their basses more than anything else) Sad Losers Club'.. Must post mine too!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='704140' date='Jan 7 2010, 01:41 PM']:)

Great pic Nig, and has to become the official photo of the 'Basschatters (who love their basses more than anything else) Sad Losers Club'.. Must post mine too![/quote]
:rolleyes:

And we shall have very many members I reckon!