Why become a member? ×

Mystery project

waynepunkdude

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='698930' date='Jan 2 2010, 06:13 PM']Nice colour Wayne. How smooth is the finish? It looks pretty professional to me.[/quote]

It's quite smooth, I might run some 1500 grit over it in the morning when it's hardened to finish it off.

But that's it I'm out of sunburst basses to improve.

[quote name='Absolute-beginner' post='700446' date='Jan 4 2010, 01:47 PM']Dude, im going to buy a cheap P and send it to you so that you make it look that good!
I reckon theres a market on here for you!

brilliant![/quote]

Thanks man, I am thinking about it [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72293"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72293[/url]

WPD.
There's some good advice in some of those answers. I think that if you were to pick and chose who you did the work for you'd be pretty happy with making some decent beer(sic!) money. The man was right about disposables tho, dont forget those costs as well as power, 'cos it all adds up. How many hours did it take you to do your own basses?
I suppose its worth pointing out the blindingly obvious to some people that you are not providing them with a custom hand built bass as well!

Otherwise, I think you'll be busy!
Cheers
Matt

Edited by Absolute-beginner

I feel that someone should point out that in the year 2040 there will be entire websites devoted to the idiots who trashed the fabulously-valuable SX range of basses, with comments along the lines of "[i]But what was he thinking? Surely he realised that he was desecrating an incredibly-rare classic instrument?"[/i].

:)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='701002' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:30 PM']I feel that someone should point out that in the year 2040 there will be entire websites devoted to the idiots who trashed the fabulously-valuable SX range of basses, with comments along the lines of "[i]But what was he thinking? Surely he realised that he was desecrating an incredibly-rare classic instrument?"[/i].

:)[/quote]

I really hope it happens, I feel frustrated that I can't buy 60's Fenders and paint them luminous colours.

"WPD.
There's some good advice in some of those answers. I think that if you were to pick and chose who you did the work for you'd be pretty happy with making some decent beer(sic!) money. The man was right about disposables tho, dont forget those costs as well as power, 'cos it all adds up. How many hours did it take you to do your own basses?
I suppose its worth pointing out the blindingly obvious to some people that you are not providing them with a custom hand built bass as well!

Otherwise, I think you'll be busy!
Cheers
Matt"

It's gonna take a lot of thought, I'm not rushing into it .