Why become a member? ×

Dolphin Music - unbelievable

Beedster

On the bah humbug side, I recently emailed Dolphin to confirm that a set of strings from them to me (in Wigan, i.e.mainland UK, no smarty comments please) would cost £6.99 for postage. I thought that about £4.99 too high.

I never received a reply.

I haven't ordered them.

After weeks of waiting for Fender to send me a Black/Black/Maple P bass I lost patience and ended up buying a Jazz from their Liverpool shop.
when the front strap button pinged out after a month they were great (despite all the problems being fenders making) they refunded me for the jazz and offered me any bass in the shop for cost! My prized stingray was in my sweaty hands within seconds. I cant fault em

[quote name='karlfer' post='693012' date='Dec 24 2009, 03:20 PM']On the bah humbug side, I recently emailed Dolphin to confirm that a set of strings from them to me (in Wigan, i.e.mainland UK, no smarty comments please) would cost £6.99 for postage. I thought that about £4.99 too high.

I never received a reply.

I haven't ordered them.[/quote]

To be fair... you're probably paying for someone's time to type your address into the computer and print the label etc. etc. rather than the actual postage.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='693296' date='Dec 25 2009, 09:25 AM']To be fair... you're probably paying for someone's time to type your address into the computer and print the label etc. etc. rather than the actual postage.[/quote]

Hi thepurpleblob and a merry Christmas.
I guess I was a bit less than impressed when they didn't bother to reply.
My main point with them was that other string retailers were charging £1.50 to £2.50 to send strings. They wanted £6.99.
The price of the relevant strings only varied by about £2 between 3 retailers.
To me, same strings costing a total of £4 less delivered meant that Dolphin were uncompetetive.

I guess all 3 retailers must have similar costs to invoice, pack and send out.

Back of my mind, it's probably that decent bass strings (always subjective) are expensive, and I want what I consider to be the best all round deal, and I want to be treated like I try to treat everybody. With respect.

All the best,
Karl.

I ordered a powered monitor and some mike cables at the beginning of December from them. Still waiting for delivery, and they dont answer my e mails. I can see from the updates on their web site that the delivery of monitors they were expecting in mid December has been put back to mid January, but they took my money straight away, and havent updated me or replied to my e mails, the last of which said that I needed the mike cables straight away. Thats not good service, and I doubt if they will get any more business from me, sorry.