Why become a member? ×

Gigs this Saturday?

seymourfluid

Yeah, my band are playing in Alton. We have invited a lot of girls to make up the numbers!

There's a big screen in the other bar so we're hoping we might get away with it. Failing that, drinks are included in our fee! We'll just have to drown our sorrows...

PS I hate rugby!

We have a gig, 3 sets starting about 9ish. Our drummer told us he was quitting last week and this is his last gig so lets hope we can all act proffesional about it and not start fighting!

Then again I am in Scotland and after all the fuss when you lot won it the last time, its probably best.

P.S. I hate rugby too.

Edited by The_D

yep, we got a gig, start at 8 for an hour, then a break while they do the bingo (yeah i said feckin bingo!!!)then back on again for another hour and half. its at a social club but i reckon it's gonna be dead, or they will be in the other bar watching the rugby, just looking at it like a paid practice. thing is i went of rugby a while ago and this now gets on me bristols.

Yep. Gig cancelled on behalf of commercial rugby TV importance on a big screen on a Saturday night just as we should all be settling into the first set and a nice pint. Suddenly everyone likes rugby in the pub!
BAH FOOHEY.

[quote name='chris_b' post='76274' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:35 AM']My gig was also cancelled because of the rugby!!! It's cost me, so England had better win![/quote]

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='76418' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:31 AM']Yes we're gigging in Castleford but, due to the Rugby Final, we'll go on at 10.00 and play straight through until 12.15. :) :huh:[/quote]

I was wondering what time you would be going on, I was coming up to see a few friends from when I was with the band. I should have a good run up being as half the country will be watching the Rugby.

P.S I hate Rugby as well !

Well, we did the gig to 25 people. But pmly just. I nearly chinned some bearded weirdo in an Engerlund shirt who came in from the other bar and interrupted our soundcheck with a demand we turn down. When I said we had our audience to entertain, he snorted and said 'it's a national thing'.

Glad they lost!

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='77170' date='Oct 21 2007, 12:24 AM']Well, we did the gig to 25 people. But pmly just. I nearly chinned some bearded weirdo in an Engerlund shirt who came in from the other bar and interrupted our soundcheck with a demand we turn down. When I said we had our audience to entertain, he snorted and said 'it's a national thing'.

Glad they lost![/quote]

what a dick !!

yep we had about the same amount, about 20 odd, half arse round of applause at the end of songs wish they didn't even bother. got a bit smashed by the second half (we were off stage for an hour while they did the bingo) and figured it didn't really matter that much anyway
lost me rag at the end of the gig and later text'd the band and told em i wanted out, hehe.
not sure if i'll go back.