Why become a member? ×

pedulla rapture

ziggydolphinboy

ive never played one supposed to be a recommended bass as far as i've been told, i know chris wolstenholme used/s many.
theyre still made from what i know but only by a short team of people unlike machine built fenders, gibsons.... so you might have to buy 2nd hand to get one sooner and cheaper.
wish you all the best on your quest and let us know what you think if you get around to get/ play one.

The normally have a couple in stock at Mansons. They just look stunning but I've avoided trying them in case they play as good as they look...

[url="http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/pedulla-bass-guitars/"]http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categori...a-bass-guitars/[/url]

Absolutely beautiful to play. I've owned several, all brilliant, as are most Pedulla basses. They are now made by just one man, Mike Pedulla himself, and are very expensive new, but for some reason, dont seem to keep their value brilliantly in the States, where the odd bargain can still be picked up (less than £500?). Of course, you have the vat, shipping and duty to pay, but you can still get a stonking bargain if you are lucky.

I have gigged many times with my JJ Rapture, and its never been less than a delight. I took it to the Moffat bass bash a few weeks back, and exeryone who tried it loved it. The neck is just sublime. I heard it described by one of the guys as "a real bass".

Bob

They're very very nice basses :) , Sonically I always preferred the single PU version over the JJ. Meaty, great sounding bass and with the right pair of strings plays like a dream.

They're still made, though it's not worth buying them new. They drop so much in price for the second hand market it's hardly worth it.

I own 2 Rapture's Soapbar

On my myspace www.myspace.com/gillesroussel you have some sounds
All the songs are registered with the 5strings.

:beer:

They are made in the US but you have to reserve 6month before the building and sending of it
New, it's expensive but in this industry where are the limits?
On the Bay, they are not expensive less than a musicman ray.
Sounds Rock (as Kiss, Eagles, Muse...)
In the manual it marks : do not use with a "poor" speakers, means : better on 15" speaker than 10" because the output of this bass with the soapbar configuration is huge!!!

Rock, funk, jazz, blues... I can say it suits for a lot of style, but I usually play rocks...

Edited by Bassman

I've got the 4-string single pickup version which sounds amazing. Body and neck are both maple so it has a very bright sound. Bartolini pickups and 2-band preamp give you good control over the tone, though I run it flat 99% of the time.

They're fairly light, the body is small and contoured so they are very comfortable to play. The neck is thinner front to back than a Jazz bass, 1.5" nut width, with a dual action truss and two reinforcing rods - once it's been set up properly you very very rarely have to adjust it, plus you can have the action down to a little over 1mm at the 12th fret no problem.

Build quality is fantastic as you would expect from a £2000 instrument, however I would never spend that much on any bass :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've a fretted and a fretless j4, which are my main gigging basses. perfectly balanced, no probs with being neck heavy. They sound amazing and are a joy to play, super slim fast necks, and comfortable and light. My fretted is maple necked and nice and bright, and the fretless is rosewood with the high gloss laquer, lovely to play, and loads of cowey mooey mwah! Looks a million dollars too.
I was lucky enough to pick up the fretted 2nd hand at a good price, I really cannot understand why basses this good depreciate so much. My fretless, I had to order new as there aren't any 2nd hand ones around. It arrived within 8 weeks and is worth every penny.
If you get a chance to try one I hope you'll begin to understand my enthusiasm for such well designed and constructed instruments, that also look fantastic.