Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Longhorn shortscale

razze06

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130349795425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]On Ebay[/url]

So I fancy one of these, but i've only tried the new "dead on '58" reissues. Is this going to be close to it?
Anyone has any ideas how old it may be, or how much it may be going for?

That's exactly the same as mine. (except I haven't drilled any extra holes & fitted a pointless extra pickguard to mine) I think I got a good bargain when I got it about six or seven years ago secondhand, but in totally mint condition for £165. They were still available new at around £300 at that time and the going rate for secondhand ones was around £200.

Its Korean made and I believe that version was only made sometime between 1998 & 2001. It is much closer to the original 50s version than the unbound version that followed. At the moment my longhorn gives me my favourite sound for low volume gigs with acoustic guitars and I can get a nice thumpy upright tone out of it.

[quote name='razze06' post='679124' date='Dec 9 2009, 02:53 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130349795425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]On Ebay[/url]

So I fancy one of these, but i've only tried the new "dead on '58" reissues. Is this going to be close to it?
Anyone has any ideas how old it may be, or how much it may be going for?[/quote]

I had my eye on this for a few days, I'll get it if it goes at the right price.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='680047' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:13 AM']Wayne & Razze - good luck chaps & may the best man win

If either of you do [s]win[/s] purchase it, I hope you look as cool than I do playing mine
[attachment=38060:dano.jpg]

:)[/quote]

An interesting point is that you can have a brand new copperburst version of this for around £280. Hopefully this will keep to auction honest...

I'm going to have one of these sooner or later! :rolleyes:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='682339' date='Dec 12 2009, 05:29 PM']I forgot about it as I was out and about, I got 2 new basses yesterday so I'm happy.[/quote]

I forgot I had family coming and visit, so I was out with the all the time and failed to place a single bid.

I might go for the current reissue in january, we'll see.

[quote name='razze06' post='683740' date='Dec 14 2009, 10:14 AM']I might go for the current reissue in january, we'll see.[/quote]
I haven't had the pleasure of checking out the current ones, but they look good - wouldn't mind one myself to keep my blueburst one company. The only obvious differences I can see are that the truss rod adjusts at the headstock end & has a truss rod cover, so you don't have to take the neck off to tweak it (although I can't remember when I last had to do it), plus it has more authentic pointy knobs (I wonder if these are available as a retrofit for mine :) )

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='683840' date='Dec 14 2009, 12:08 PM']I haven't had the pleasure of checking out the current ones, but they look good - wouldn't mind one myself to keep my blueburst one company. The only obvious differences I can see are that the truss rod adjusts at the headstock end & has a truss rod cover, so you don't have to take the neck off to tweak it (although I can't remember when I last had to do it), plus it has more authentic pointy knobs (I wonder if these are available as a retrofit for mine :rolleyes: )[/quote]

I can tell you that the point knobs are a right pain, they are in the way of each other, and they are very easy to turn accidentally while playing. Maybe we can do a swap if I get it? :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='695214' date='Dec 28 2009, 09:59 PM']DAMN!!!!!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DANELECTRO-LONGHORN-BASS_W0QQitemZ270505954366QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efb694c3e#ht_720wt_1165"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DANELECTRO-LONGHORN-...e#ht_720wt_1165[/url][/quote]
Cool Colour - not seem them in that colour before - it would look great with a chessboard pickguard :)