Why become a member? ×

2009 MIA Jazz (3TS/tort/rw)

Clarky

[quote name='Sibob' post='668166' date='Nov 28 2009, 12:04 PM']It kinda sounds like this is gonna be your best bet to get this sold :)[/quote]
I know Si, its just I bl**dy hate soldering! I hate the acrid smell, I always burn one of my fingers, and I worry about dropping melted solder on the finish of the bass (although I've not done this yet, thankfully)

Soldering sucks!

[quote name='Clarky' post='668171' date='Nov 28 2009, 12:06 PM']...and I worry about dropping melted solder on the finish of the bass (although I've not done this yet, thankfully)

Soldering sucks![/quote]

Just put an old tea towel or T shirt over the bass to protect it Mate...

OK, I have put the olriginal stock Fender control plate back in*. So now selling separately. Its £700 for the bass, plus postage and £100 for the Audere, plus postage.

In the interest of fairness I have offered the Audere to the first BC'er to have shown an interest and I await their response.

Edit: * and I burned one finger and my left thumb soldering! I bl**dy hate soldering. Anyway, bass unscathed before you ask (I used jtb's old t-shirt suggestion for masking the surface of the bass) so it remains in as-new condition :-)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='668316' date='Nov 28 2009, 02:41 PM']In the interest of fairness I have offered the Audere to the first BC'er to have shown an interest and I await their response.[/quote]

Just replied, so hopefully the Audere is now spoken for!

I need to raise some cash soon so if this doesn't sell I may have to put my Oly White MIA P5 up for sale. Its identical to Alan/niceguyhomer's bass that he just sold for £700 plus post. Mine also has a Fender SKB case and all the case candy.

I would prefer to sell the Jazz, however, so roll up .... :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='670850' date='Dec 1 2009, 11:00 AM']I need to raise some cash soon so if this doesn't sell I may have to put my Oly White MIA P5 up for sale. Its identical to Alan/niceguyhomer's bass that he just sold for £700 plus post. Mine also has a Fender SKB case and all the case candy.

I would prefer to sell the Jazz, however, so roll up .... :)[/quote]
if i can move my 2008 3TS rw tort usa pbass for what your after for the jazz them im very interested!

Ahhhh, hammersmith, thats fairly close methinks.

Im in hounslow. dayam, probably be like 2 weeks untill i can afford this, dayam. hope it does well, and i hope an IDENTICAL one comes up at the same price :):):rolleyes::):lol: , GOOD LUCK. if it doesnt sell by then, then this i will buy!

Cheers.

Edited by aznbass

Something else came up that I had been after for a fair while (richardd's Bill Nash 63 Jazz) so that, although I have agreed to sell my Oly White P5 to help fund my 72 P bass, I still need to raise extra funds to go some way towards balancing the books!

Thus, bump for this lovely minty 2009 Jazz

Wowee - my old CAR Nash J is changing hands quickly. Nice to know it's the object of admiration though. Didn't you have your eye on it when I was selling it in the first place Clarky? It's a big sounding bass...really huge tone...

Nick

[quote name='Clarky' post='674094' date='Dec 4 2009, 12:48 PM']Something else came up that I had been after for a fair while (richardd's Bill Nash 63 Jazz) so that, although I have agreed to sell my Oly White P5 to help fund my 72 P bass, I still need to raise extra funds to go some way towards balancing the books!

Thus, bump for this lovely minty 2009 Jazz[/quote]

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='Cairobill' post='674142' date='Dec 4 2009, 01:28 PM']Wowee - my old CAR Nash J is changing hands quickly. Nice to know it's the object of admiration though. Didn't you have your eye on it when I was selling it in the first place Clarky? It's a big sounding bass...really huge tone...

Nick[/quote]
Yup, I did Nick. Unfortunately it wasn't the right time for me financially (was between jobs) when you had it FS. I loved the sound on that clip you did but I think you removed the link after you sold it - and I hear nothing but good things about Nash build quality, playability and tone. Plus I couldn't afford a vintage J as well as a vintage P!!!!!

Best I can do, £700 posted 48-hour service or £680 picked up. If it doesn't sell soon, I will try again after Christmas. I played it again last night. It plays like butter with flats on (I have put back on D'Addario Chromes but could swap for DR Sunbeams if rounds preferred).

This really is a great deal. Its ding-free, a few months old and gorgeous and between £200-300 cheaper than new

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='BB2000' post='676089' date='Dec 6 2009, 08:18 PM']I can't for the life of me understand why this is still here. I think the universe needs a reset, since there's a bit of faulty code running somewhere...[/quote]
Thanks BB2000! I think its just that money is still tight and we are in the run-up to Christmas now. Let's face it there are cheaper basses on BC that look great that also aren't selling, eg, Bassassin's fantastic-looking Japcraptastic P-bass for a measly £150