Why become a member? ×

2009 MIA Jazz (3TS/tort/rw)

Clarky

Due to re-shuffle of bass collection (notably arrival of vintage Fender P) I am putting this beauty up for sale.
[attachment=36873:clarky_basses_010.JPG][attachment=36874:clarky_basses_011.JPG]

Its a 2009 MIA Jazz in sunburst/tort/rosewood. Cost me just under £900 from Anderton's in September. Its in absolutely pristine condition (any swirls on pics are just reflections)and has never been gigged. Its currently strung with D'Addario Chromes (but I could swap these for rounds if required) and comes with the new case etc.

I would be looking for £700. That would be over a c.£200 saving on new. and more like a £250+ saving on most retailers

Cheers Clarky

PS. No trades please, only cash

PPS. Was originally offered FS with an Audere preamp installed. I have remioved this and sold it separately so its restored to original Fender control plate.

Edited by Clarky

I'd be interested in the Audere if someone wants the bass with the original control plate. I ended up with your white/maple Jazz (probably one of the nicest jazzes I've played in the last 30 years) and wouldn't mind trying the Audere in it (not a big fan of the J East preamp).

[quote name='BB2000' post='662915' date='Nov 23 2009, 05:10 PM']I'd be interested in the Audere if someone wants the bass with the original control plate. I ended up with your white/maple Jazz (probably one of the nicest jazzes I've played in the last 30 years) and wouldn't mind trying the Audere in it (not a big fan of the J East preamp).[/quote]

Hiya John

Really glad you're liking that Jazz, it's something else isn't it? As you know I uninstalled an Audere before I sent it to you, but it is a great preamp in that particular bass. It's far less lively than the J-Retro, or perhaps a better way of putting it is that it's somewhat more restrained! I would generally always use the J-Retro in a fretless Jazz but tend to prefer the Audere on a fretted. TBH I would have thought Clarky would have better luck dropping the asking price for the bass by £100 and selling the Audere to you anyway?

Clarky, tell us about the incoming bass mate?

C

Well its not incoming yet - I was supposed to view a lovely-looking all-original sunburst 72 P bass tonight but my youngest got sick and ended up having to go to hospital (just back now). Kids .....

Edit: I would prefer to sell the Jazz "as is" in order that I do not have to get the soldering iron out as I am not a lover of soldering (the beauty of the Audere, sound apart, is its screw-on with no soldering!)

Edited by Clarky

For now I have decided to try to sell this bass "as is", ie, including the Audere, in part as I'm in no particular hurry to sell and in part as I don't have the time or inclination to re-solder the Fender pots. Of course, this does not stop a potential buyer from swapping out the preamps and selling on the Audere - but TBH it is a better bass for having the Audere installed, with much broader tonal flexibility.

So for now its £800 all-in. If no interest follows I may re-consider picking up my soldering iron!

[quote name='BassKS' post='663509' date='Nov 24 2009, 10:02 AM']Clarky, man.... Not again. Whats the neck fit like? doe it come with hard case....[/quote]
Neck pocket is tight (I am fussy!) And comes with new case and case candy

Cheers Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='665331' date='Nov 25 2009, 05:07 PM']Previous post incorrect

Still for sale[/quote]

Crikey, sounded like a done deal to me! If my 2009 with Audere is anything to go by this is a cracking bass with sufficient versatility (from the Audere) to do a good Precision tone (using the Q switch), a great funk/slap tone (Q switch in opposite position), and a really good range of Jazz tones. As it's Clarky you know you'll get a pretty much brand new instrument as well.

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='665981' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:16 AM']Crikey, sounded like a done deal to me! If my 2009 with Audere is anything to go by this is a cracking bass with sufficient versatility (from the Audere) to do a good Precision tone (using the Q switch), a great funk/slap tone (Q switch in opposite position), and a really good range of Jazz tones. As it's Clarky you know you'll get a pretty much brand new instrument as well.

C[/quote]

Thx Chris. Unfortunately buyer had to withdraw as he was relying on a sale of another bass to fund mineM And yes it is a lovely and mint condition bass which I am only selling to fund my own incoming purchase!

[quote name='Beedster' post='666006' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:43 AM']Which is.....?[/quote]
The 72 P-bass primarily (hopefully mine on Sunday) but I have another potential iron in the fire (clue: Nash) so that my cunning plan is to end up witha vintahe P, a vintage-alike Jazz (can't afford the 2 or 3 grand for a real vintage Jazz) and one more P bass (identity still to be decided, but I have a Shuker JJB and Fender P5 to choose from)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='666014' date='Nov 26 2009, 10:54 AM']Good luck with the sale Clarky.
If you do get stuck with the Audere ill be up for it (i know someone has already asked for it, but if that falls through let me know).[/quote]
Thx Dave. I really don't want to swap out the Audere if I can help it, not because its difficult to remove (its dead easy and would only take 2 minutes) but because I don't want to get into soldering back the Fender pots (or paying someone to do it)

I just hope that this is still around monday, because id almost definatly want it, ofcourse being the "Oh everyone has that colour with that pickguard" type, id change it for a black one, and i so love the grain showing through, and it would be a change from all the MIM's ive owned and played, and the preamp would be soo cool.

I was really after something with a maple neck though, but ive got nothing against rosewood, im just blagging on a bit now, but honestly, a really nice bass!

[quote name='Bassman101' post='666901' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:36 PM']I just hope that this is still around monday, because id almost definatly want it, ofcourse being the "Oh everyone has that colour with that pickguard" type, id change it for a black one, and i so love the grain showing through, and it would be a change from all the MIM's ive owned and played, and the preamp would be soo cool.

I was really after something with a maple neck though, but ive got nothing against rosewood, im just blagging on a bit now, but honestly, a really nice bass![/quote]

Blimey, I see you put my Classic '60 jazz on ebay before it had even been delivered to you. A £150 markup is a bit greedy isn't it?

[quote name='Clarky' post='667195' date='Nov 27 2009, 11:22 AM']For the avoidance of doubt BB2000's comment is not aimed at me! I have only ever lost money selling basses on BassChat![/quote]

Good lord no! I was having a dig at Bassman101, buying on here simply to try and resell at a profit (tupac567 on ebay).

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140363106361&Category=4713)

OK, last plea for someone to buy this gorgeous bass with the Audere installed

If no takers this weekend, I will be getting the soldering iron out and selling the bass (with original Fender control plate/pots) and the Audere pre-amp separately

[quote name='Clarky' post='668153' date='Nov 28 2009, 11:50 AM']If no takers this weekend, I will be getting the soldering iron out and selling the bass (with original Fender control plate/pots) and the Audere pre-amp separately[/quote]

It kinda sounds like this is gonna be your best bet to get this sold :)

Good luck dude!
Si