Why become a member? ×

Greg Lake's 59 P £9495

I saw Greg Lake perform at a small charideeee do a couple of years back and he performed a solo version of 'Lucky Man' (one of my fave songs as a teen back in the pre-punk 70s). His "choir like" voice was still there and I went up to chat to him afterwards, only to be very surprised by his speaking voice which was not a million miles from Ray Winstone's!

30 years of imagining he would sound like something from Brideshead Revisited blown in an instant :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='652853' date='Nov 12 2009, 05:57 PM']I saw Greg Lake perform at a small charideeee do a couple of years back and he performed a solo version of 'Lucky Man' (one of my fave songs as a teen back in the pre-punk 70s). His "choir like" voice was still there and I went up to chat to him afterwards, only to be very surprised by his speaking voice which was not a million miles from Ray Winstone's!

30 years of imagining he would sound like something from Brideshead Revisited blown in an instant :)[/quote]

Ah It's dangerous to meet your heroes.
I still believe in Father Christmas, though ...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='654953' date='Nov 15 2009, 01:31 AM']This is werrry nice, and for a fifty year old Fender none too shabby.
I like it. Luckily. £9k short.[/quote]

Its been relisted again.
New Kings Rd vintage are always way OTT on their asking prices. Walk in there with 6k and haggle if you really want it.