Why become a member? ×

Fender P Made in Japan Foto Flame £350

Jigster

Hi all

Selling my Fender P - MIJ serial number S010809 (which I believe dates it to mid 90's) at £350

Great player, real nice P type thud, but also punchy mids, currently strung with flatwounds. Don't know about previous owners but I've had it for 2 years or so, it's in good nick. I think the Foto Flame range was a short burst they created so they're not your generic Fender P.

Frets are nice, and general cool/vibey appearance, body has some nicks and scrapes as you'd expect from 13 years, but no dents or gouging etc... It's a greeny dark yellowy sort of colour which the camera sort of captures.

Really prefer pick up on this, or meet you somewhere within reason. Am in Coventry.

Thanks for reading.

[attachment=35374:IMG_5360.jpg]
[attachment=35375:IMG_5362.jpg]
[attachment=35376:IMG_5363.jpg]
[attachment=35377:IMG_5364.JPG]

Edited by Jigster

I think you're about right on price. Japan made which is in its favour, Foto Flame, which isn't.

Reckon that's still a fine bass for £300 and will almost certainly play better than yer average Mexican-made effort which it would be up against cash-wise.

[quote name='Sean' post='641068' date='Oct 30 2009, 01:32 PM']What's Foto Flame all about? Is that a photograph of flame maple glued on to the top like on some of the current Chinese crop?[/quote]

Got it in one. Foto Flame was a Fender attempt to get all "flame maple" without the cost of actually buying any wood. Was met with much derision at the time (90s), but I actually think it's pretty cool.

There's a description here: www.xhefriguitars.com/page7.html

Phil

[quote name='Sean' post='641068' date='Oct 30 2009, 01:32 PM']What's Foto Flame all about? Is that a photograph of flame maple glued on to the top like on some of the current Chinese crop?[/quote]
It's pretty convincing - I have a mate with a Fotoflame MIJ Jazz and you really have to look closely to tell it's not real.

Jon.

I have a fotoflame strat from around 95 that looks IDENTICAL to this and its absolutely great. Build quality is great...lovely neck & fretwork etc, very tidy electronics... and all my guitarist friends think it punches way above it's weight for what I paid for it back then. I'd say to buy something 'better quality' you'd be looking at spending at least double that. so, if this bass is as good as my strat I reckon someone will get a nice bargain at £300. I reckon it'd be a much better player than a new mexican at over £400...

Good luck with the sale...

• 1 month later...