Why become a member? ×

Warwick streamer std (german) SOLD

oldslapper

2000 built warwick streamer standard in green stain. Single pup, passive, coil tap. Nice simple functional bass, used over my active 5 string corvette for main gigging bass. Some dings on back from gigging, but can't see from front. "Proper" warwick neck and finger board, not yer eastern rockbass.
Please note posts below concerning nut. It doesn't affect the intonation, tuning, set up, etc. As stated common prob, that's not a pob.
£190 +pp, or pickup/delivery (within 50 miles of North dorset).

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='oldslapper' post='636187' date='Oct 25 2009, 03:24 PM']2000 built warwick streamer standard in green stain. Single pup, passive, coil tap. Nice simple functional bass, used over my active 5 string corvette for main gigging bass. Some dings on back from gigging, but can't see from front. "Proper" warwick neck and finger board, not yer eastern rockbass.
£220 +pp, or pickup/delivery (within 50 miles of North dorset).[/quote]

Thought you were hanging onto this? :) :rolleyes:

I know I know, alredy had this conversation with "domestic mangement"..
would like to keep, but decided on having a complete purge...(of everything bassy) and starting again. See what there is to buy when I know what I've got to spend, as opposed to usual practice of buying, then seeing how much I have to spend. :) :rolleyes:
Luckily my band mate owns a guitar shop so won't go short of a guitar or amp in mean time. This forum has reignited severe GAS!...somebody help!

[quote name='oldslapper' post='636236' date='Oct 25 2009, 04:22 PM']I know I know, alredy had this conversation with "domestic mangement"..
would like to keep, but decided on having a complete purge...(of everything bassy) and starting again. See what there is to buy when I know what I've got to spend, as opposed to usual practice of buying, then seeing how much I have to spend. :rolleyes: :lol:
Luckily my band mate owns a guitar shop so won't go short of a guitar or amp in mean time. This forum has reignited severe GAS!...somebody help![/quote]

Sounds like potentially exciting times ahead of you!! :)

Enjoy the journey - sounds like your friend can provide a [b]very[/b] useful safety net in the meantime, so make sure you take full advantage of the fact eh??!! :lol: :lol:

Excuse my ignorance, I've not seen these that much before, but in the shot of the headstock it looks like there should be two retaining screws running down through the nut - but there aren't?

Is this correct? Or do they serve some other purpose?

Cheers,
James

Hi no worries, it's the retaining holes for alen key adjustment for the nut height. Warwick adjustanut system, very useful for setting up the guitar.
cheers, John
[quote name='Moos3h' post='636292' date='Oct 25 2009, 05:15 PM']Excuse my ignorance, I've not seen these that much before, but in the shot of the headstock it looks like there should be two retaining screws running down through the nut - but there aren't?

Cheers,
James[/quote]

[quote name='Moos3h' post='636292' date='Oct 25 2009, 05:15 PM']Excuse my ignorance, I've not seen these that much before, but in the shot of the headstock it looks like there should be two retaining screws running down through the nut - but there aren't?

Cheers,
James[/quote]

They are grub screw adjusters for the nut (i.e. you can raise, lower or tilt the nut according to taste), however the camera angle/shadow does seem to show that part of the nut nearest the G string has chipped/cracked off, Yes/No? :rolleyes:

<edit>

DOH! Too slow with the reply, already answered. :)

Edited by warwickhunt

Thanks warwickhunter,
Just looked at the nut closely and compared it to my corvette 5. you're right there is a plastic piece missing from edge of nut. Not noticed it before. The G string retains in groove very securley still and the justanut system functions fine, intonation and tuning never been a problem. Any experienced warwick owners out there to help identify what the edge plastic thing does (sorry for ignorance). I had a fortress years ago that had a brass nut, don't remember any extra edge "bits". I'll take this baby off for sale in the mean time.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='636301' date='Oct 25 2009, 05:24 PM']They are grub screw adjusters for the nut (i.e. you can raise, lower or tilt the nut according to taste), however the camera angle/shadow does seem to show that part of the nut nearest the G string has chipped/cracked off, Yes/No? :rolleyes:

<edit>

DOH! Too slow with the reply, already answered. :)[/quote]

[quote name='oldslapper' post='636327' date='Oct 25 2009, 05:55 PM']Thanks warwickhunter,
Just looked at the nut closely and compared it to my corvette 5. you're right there is a plastic piece missing from edge of nut. Not noticed it before. The G string retains in groove very securley still and the justanut system functions fine, intonation and tuning never been a problem. Any experienced warwick owners out there to help identify what the edge plastic thing does (sorry for ignorance). I had a fortress years ago that had a brass nut, don't remember any extra edge "bits". I'll take this baby off for sale in the mean time.[/quote]

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself over that nut break... they all do it! :)

It's a pretty well documented problem area for that particular version of the adjust-a-nut. Replacements are readily available and owners often just live with the little break (as it doesn't affect much, unless you play with your hand/fingers gripping the nut :rolleyes: ) or when fitting a replacement they are sometimes fitted with the latter system.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='636344' date='Oct 25 2009, 06:11 PM']I wouldn't be too hard on yourself over that nut break... they all do it! :)

It's a pretty well documented problem area for that particular version of the adjust-a-nut. Replacements are readily available and owners often just live with the little break (as it doesn't affect much, unless you play with your hand/fingers gripping the nut :rolleyes: ) or when fitting a replacement they are sometimes fitted with the latter system.[/quote]
Yip, same on mine. JAN2 is a rubbish bit of design, but you can buy a JAN3 and glue that on.

Go on Wayne, you'll love it! Out of all the Warwicks these are the most punk anyway. I sold mine a while ago and they're very well made, plus they have great necks

My Corvette has both sides broken off the Just-a-nut and it doesn't budge until you take the strings off. It's still anchored with the two allen screws holding it in place, nothing to worry about at all.

Anyone know why they didn't stick with the brass one? That has adjustment on each string and i think it's a great piece of design

Got someone interested, but in case things don't work out, whatchagot? This is supposed to go towards funding a 5 string. So could put this in with some cash if a 5'er is available.

[quote name='mojobass' post='637449' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:29 PM']interested in trades??[/quote]