Why become a member? ×

Alex's Bass related stuff.

harvey1-8

[quote name='Sibob' post='636876' date='Oct 26 2009, 01:31 PM']I think that's the Jazz Deluxe I used to own!
Glad you're getting on with it better than I did :)

Great collection!

Si[/quote]

It's nice to know who the former owners are. It's taken a bit of a back seat recently and like I said in my first post I'll be looking to move it on or trade it in next year. I've really enjoyed playing it though.

[quote name='Davo-London' post='638145' date='Oct 27 2009, 04:40 PM']Actually, the LP Junior is a lovely guitar. A friend of mine had a '59. It was my favourite in his collection as it was so simple but it sang and sang.

Davo[/quote]

Totally agree Davo. This isn't a '59, it's an '09 which Gibson re-issued these at the beginning of the year. The only thing that lets it down in my opinion is the satin finish instead of the gloss finish which older models have. Other than that it's a fantastic guitar.

[quote name='rapscallion' post='638351' date='Oct 27 2009, 07:19 PM']Love Jazzmasters, I've got a japanese RI in candy apple red. Have you swapped the bridge out for a mustang bridge?[/quote]

No, my mate has done so with his Jap Jazzmaster. His has a Curtis Novak P-90 in the bridge and it's fitted with a buzz stop and a mustang bridge.

Check him out here:

EDIT:

I prefer this one:

Edited by alexharvay

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='710054' date='Jan 12 2010, 02:42 PM']The Jazzmaster is very pretty.

That 75 Reissue looks stunning. Do the USA maple board versions have those lovely pearly white inlays or black? They look very nice like that.[/quote]

Thanks,

I'm sure I've seen both white and black on the USA models. Although, I'm no authority on the subject so I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...

So yesterday was 'new amp day' for me. I've already posted this in a couple of other places but for completeness it's going in my own thread as well.

So so so happy with this.

Edited by alexharvay